SPG Best of Europe - What are your top European Starwood Properties?

Subscribe
Quote: I suppose 1-4 are ideal categories. I've had Austria in mind and was also thinking about LM Lav Split.
Apropos Austria and if an outdoor pool is a must: Dornbirn, but if you have childs under 16 years forget it. But the Bodensee is near...

Schloß Fuschl is cat. 6. The Jagdhof is cat. 3 and even without outdoor pool quite nice^^^
Quote: Apropos Austria and if an outdoor pool is a must: Dornbirn, but if you have childs under 16 years forget it. But the Bodensee is near...

Schloß Fuschl is cat. 6. The Jagdhof is cat. 3 and even without outdoor pool quite nice^^^
Great info, thanks! No kids, no worries!
It's that time of the year, again! Same question as last year - looking to do a few days in early August either on points or reasonable amount of cash. I can get to VIE pretty easily, but Fuschlsee looks quite far away. Are there any decent options that don't involve driving?
My personal fav. would be hotel imperial wien. Half of my birthdays during the last six years were spent there. 2nd spot would be grande bretagne. Also a fav. stay for bdays.
Quote: My personal fav. would be hotel imperial wien. Half of my birthdays during the last six years were spent there. 2nd spot would be grande bretagne. Also a fav. stay for bdays.
Thanks. Neither seem to be within my budget right now
Tops for me in Europe so far:

Resorts:
Hotel Marques de Riscal in Elciego, Spain
Blue Palace, Crete

City Hotels:
Grande Bretagne in Athens
Westin Excelsior in Florence
For anyone who hasn't tried, Hotel Alfonso XIII in Seville is wonderful. It's exactly what I'm looking for (price, location, locale, property, outdoor pool), but I'm in need of something different.
Definitely have to echo that my two favorites are the Hotel Pulitzer in Amsterdam and W Barcelona. The Hotel Pulitzer is just lovely....great staff, wonderful restaurant, fantastic location right on the canal, great touches like heated floors in the bathrooms and is just a quintessential Amsterdam property.

The W in Barcelona is quite a distance from some of the highlights in the city, but I personally love that it's right on the beach, we have always gotten the rooms with the floor-to-ceiling views of the Mediterranean, the staff can't do enough for us and the property just epitomizes Mediterranean chic.

We liked the Westin Europa & Regina in Venice only for the phenomenal views of the Grand Canal. The hotel itself left us feeling cold and the staff isn't really very warm. But for our first time in Venice, it was perfect for the views and convenient location.
Quote: For anyone who hasn't tried, Hotel Alfonso XIII in Seville is wonderful. It's exactly what I'm looking for (price, location, locale, property, outdoor pool), but I'm in need of something different.
Oh yes...i will agree that it looks like a wonderful hotel when i was scouting that property last winter

But i will have to wait til this winter to try it out. IIRC, it was around 150e/night during winter time. My only issue with seville is the added plane cost to get there from a *alliance hub.
10 pounds gained in 10 days
Pitrizzia is a my favourite in Europe. I spent 12 nights there on vacation eating the most delicious Italian food and gazing out at the Green Blue Ocean. My room was small but the resort was low key and fabulous....Really one of the ones worth the $2000 per night.

Safe travels!
Quote: Oh yes...i will agree that it looks like a wonderful hotel when i was scouting that property last winter

But i will have to wait til this winter to try it out. IIRC, it was around 150e/night during winter time. My only issue with seville is the added plane cost to get there from a *alliance hub.
It is at less than 200€ at the moment. No need to wait until winter

I thought TAP fly to Seville?
is it warm in Sardinia in September?
Quote: Pitrizzia is a my favourite in Europe. I spent 12 nights there on vacation eating the most delicious Italian food and gazing out at the Green Blue Ocean. My room was small but the resort was low key and fabulous....Really one of the ones worth the $2000 per night.

Safe travels!
Did you happen to see the other Starwood properties? If so, were they all equally nice? Thanks!
Quote: It is at less than 200€ at the moment. No need to wait until winter

I thought TAP fly to Seville?
Unfortunately, TP doesnt fly to Asia. So going to LIS requires transiting in BCN with SQ or MAD with TG. If im not mistaken, coz i really wanted to try alfonso seville last winter, the train ride was mighty expensive from bcn or mad, hence i decided to forego alfonso.

But this winter, ill just take ryanair.
Quote: But this winter, ill just take ryanair.
Whoa, that's dedication!!
Quote: Did you happen to see the other Starwood properties? If so, were they all equally nice? Thanks!
I had a beverage on the deck at Romazzino last month and loved it. The feel of the property appealed to me and the view was extraordinary, yachts, islands and all. I did not see a room.