Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood CEO Addresses Investment in Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2010, 8:44 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Starwood CEO Addresses Investment in Hawaii

From this morning's Honolulu Star-Advertiser.

Starwood optimistic for isles
Old Jun 12, 2010, 2:27 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Highlights from the article:

"Recent and future investments include the completed $187 million renovation of the Sheraton Waikiki, the planned $700 million redevelopment of the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani and Moana Surfrider's Diamond Head Tower in 2012 by Kyo-ya Hotels & Resorts, and the planned $500 million renovation and redevelopment of the Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa in 2012."

"The company recently finalized a contract extension with Kyo-ya Hotels & Resorts - owners of the Sheraton Waikiki, Royal Hawaiian, Moana Surfrider, Sheraton Princess Kaiulani and Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa - that will take the relationship to 2021."

"The company might bring another W to Waikiki Beach, and its Four Points brand to secondary markets like Lihue and Kahului, he said. Starwood also has discussed introducing the Aloft brand hotel to the islands, Van Paasschen said."
Old Jun 12, 2010, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I met a guy in Maui last Nov who's a higher up, I gotta find his card, he told me about this last year. He said he will be quite busy. Im glad they are putting in some money in HI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.