Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

ITC Mughal, Agra, India [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITC Mughal, Agra, India [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2010, 12:23 pm

I can add a "me too" to this being a fine hotel. I assume a cat 2 (and relatively cheap most of the year) because Agra gets no business travelers, and most tourists only stay for 1-2 days, hence low demand.

I'd really suggest only staying in Agra as long as you need to in order to see the Taj and Agra Fort. There's not a whole lot going on there, and I feel unsafe going out in the city in the evening (and certainly at night).
Old May 26, 2010, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
I called the desk for a reservation using points and was informed that it wasnt available. My dates are in December and explained to the CSR that availability is not shown any day that I could find and not just the days I am interested in. Surely enough she checked and she said Ill call the hotel. Next thing I know she comes back saying I was right and that there is a "glitch" in the system so she promptly puts this indian guy on the phone telling me to give him my details (which I did) that he would have revenue management (or something like that) get back to me. Its been two days and nobody has gotten back to me. I am going to wait a couple more days and then call back, there is nothing I like more than to waste time over the phone...
Old May 26, 2010, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by andymell
I can add a "me too" to this being a fine hotel. I assume a cat 2 (and relatively cheap most of the year) because Agra gets no business travelers, and most tourists only stay for 1-2 days, hence low demand.

I'd really suggest only staying in Agra as long as you need to in order to see the Taj and Agra Fort. There's not a whole lot going on there, and I feel unsafe going out in the city in the evening (and certainly at night).
Thanks or the tip, and duly noted. We are thinking of not even hitting jaipur and stopping at Agra b4 going to Goa. However we are spending about 4 weeks total in India so we are in decision mode and hopefully mrs. psyflyer can make a decision quick so I can start booking away...
Old May 27, 2010, 12:52 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by psyflyer
Its been two days and nobody has gotten back to me. I am going to wait a couple more days and then call back, there is nothing I like more than to waste time over the phone...
Keep us, or rather keep me posted.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old May 27, 2010, 9:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Keep us, or rather keep me posted.

[email protected]

Hi Lurker,

I called again and re-explained the issue and again the CSR was baffled that all standard rooms appeared to be sold out from September to January (I asked her to check all those months), not one room available. I then ask to speak with the supervisor and Tanesha (sp) comes on the phone and explains to me that sometimes hotels play these tricks to try to gage sentiment ahead of a holiday period before releasing any rooms. She also said that is a way for hotels to fill their premium rooms instead of standard rooms. I said to her that its not just a holiday period as I had the CSR check for rooms from September until end of January and all standard rooms appear to be sold out which she acknowledged to be impossible. She said she was sorry but thanked me for my business

It would be nice to get a room there using my points but I guess I am going to use the Oberoi Hotel and hopefully they won't play these tricks.
Old May 29, 2010, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by andymell
and I feel unsafe going out in the city in the evening (and certainly at night).
really????

i never got that feeling....neither did any of my friends visiting india....
Old May 29, 2010, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by psyflyer
Thanks very much. I will be there in mid December (16-18th) and when I put in my dates it only gives me the cash option. When I click on the pay with points option it says that you have to call reservations desk to use points with this property. I always thought this meant the dreded limited participation, but I guess Im wrong? Thanks for the heads-up. Also Category 2 charging over 200USD in India is quite a spread in my opinion, but I wont complain!
this is a fantastic property & the only reason this is a cat 2 is because besides going to the taj mahal not too many people come to agra for any other reason....most of these people make day trips from delhi to see the taj so they don't end up staying the night....

i have been to other cat 5 & 6 properties all over the world that are not as good as the itc mughal....

if you were to check rates closer to your date then i am positive you will be able to get a room for a little over $100 a night....my friends went to see the taj mahal last year & they were getting a rate close to $200 when they tried to book 6 months in advance....a couple of weeks before their stay they got the room for $110 a night....

even during my last stay here earlier this month, when i first found out in march that i had to be in agra, i booked the cheapest rate which was around $140 a night....a week before my stay i rebooked for around $100 a night....
Old May 31, 2010, 1:36 am

I am checking on this issue. No worries, I will ensure that this issue is resolved and you can visit the Taj soon.

[email protected]

Old Jun 2, 2010, 4:18 am

The issue should be resolved. Is anyone still having problems with their free night reservation?

[email protected]

Old Jul 5, 2010, 9:46 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Amazing property

I stayed at ITC Mughal Agra in July 2010, and loved the place.

- good location: close to both Agra Fort and Taj Mahal, cabs/auto-rickshaws available just outside the hotel gate
- security: gates, fences, guards, x-ray scans make you feel safe
- staff: very welcoming, thoughtful, thorough
- Platinum amenities: I booked a room using Starpoints and got upgraded to a suite with dining table, living room, massage chair, 2 TV's, fruits/snacks...all with view of Taj Mahal. Got $10 worth of goodies from snack bar/fridge as welcome gift.

The property is quite old and is going through renovations so you may find it a bit messy/noisy at times.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, PC Plat, Hertz 5*
dont see C&P option at the ITC Agra

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
I am checking on this issue. No worries, I will ensure that this issue is resolved and you can visit the Taj soon.

[email protected]

Hi, I am just looking at dates 30 dec 2009 to jan 2 2011 at the ITC Agra and I dont see a C&P option offered. I do see the regular cash and book with starpoints offer. Is this still a glitch or its just that it is not bookable using C&P during this time. I am a newbie on this, thanks for the help.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aterug
Hi, I am just looking at dates 30 dec 2009 to jan 2 2011 at the ITC Agra and I dont see a C&P option offered. I do see the regular cash and book with starpoints offer. Is this still a glitch or its just that it is not bookable using C&P during this time. I am a newbie on this, thanks for the help.
your best bet would be to write to the property for a definitive answer but its very possible that c&p is not offered on those dates....
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
Spa facility charge?

Have a stay coming up in August. Does anyone know what the workout/poolsauna facilities are like at this property? Is there a charge for the use? Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by saad
really????

i never got that feeling....neither did any of my friends visiting india....
A big plus 1.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coterie
Have a stay coming up in August. Does anyone know what the workout/poolsauna facilities are like at this property? Is there a charge for the use? Thanks in advance.
free to use for the guests....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.