Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hyderabad Westin, India [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyderabad Westin, India [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2010, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hyderabad Westin, India [Master Thread]

Has anyone stayed there yet?

I'll be staying there in March.

From a Facebook post by the GM there, I don't expect the hotel to be very busy yet.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 12:15 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by JBauer24

From a Facebook post by the GM there, I don't expect the hotel to be very busy yet.
Feel free to drop me a note if you need any assistance regarding this property. I am helping to promote the new Westin properties in India.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Feb 5, 2010, 2:41 am

Nice hotel, great facility.... particullary restaurants. Only 30 mn from the airport. Hotel is located within an IT park called Mindspace. It is also only 15 mn from residentials areas.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 3:40 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Welcome to FlyerTalk stepfab! Thanks for the report!
Old Feb 11, 2010, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I am at the Hyderabad Mindspace property now. It is a very nice property in my opinion. Here are some notes that might help:

- I arranged a car from the airport to the hotel by the hotel for 2100 INR ($45 USD). The hotel has an associate that works in the airport and met me at the gate and took me to my car.

- Given the unfortunate incidents in India last year, the hotel is quite mindful of security. Even though I was in the hotel's car with the hotel's driver, we were stopped prior to entering the grounds where my bags were checked, and the underside of the car was checked. My bags were then again checked at the door and I needed to walk through a metal detector prior to entering the hotel. At no time did I feel unsafe in or about the property and this didn't inconvenience me at all, so it is a plus in my mind.

- I am a lowly SPG Gold (Convert from Hilton as of 1/1 and I won't make Platinum until later in the year). With that being said, the hotel manager came over when I checked in to greet me, assure me that I was given the best possible room, thanked me for my loyalty and let me know to contact him personally if I needed anything.

- I was given a corner suite which looks like a nice upgrade when looking at the fire escape chart. I have a separate tub / shower, and everything is very upscale

- Some chocolates and a bottle of champagne were waiting in my room for me ^

- I ordered room service for dinner, everything was great

If this is what SPG service is like then Hilton HHonors will only be a memory...
Old Feb 11, 2010, 6:39 pm

Thank you omegadeal for the review.

Dear members,

I have a brochure introducing this property in pdf format which I can share with the members over here.

Do write to me if you need it.

[email protected]

Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

I had a friend who stayed there a couple weeks ago... Said VERY nice things about it.

Other than mosquitoes in the atrium, but I guess that's hard to control.

I loathe mosquitoes.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1K

Had a meal there two nights ago at the buffet. For those whose opinion of hotel buffets are by-the-ton food options that are overcooked, try out some of the hotel buffets at top Indian hotels. The Westin is no exception. Supremely attentive staff (all part of the hotel opening team), and amazing food. Next time, I'm going to stay here (SPG Gold).
Old Mar 6, 2010, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bosbiz
Had a meal there two nights ago at the buffet. For those whose opinion of hotel buffets are by-the-ton food options that are overcooked, try out some of the hotel buffets at top Indian hotels. The Westin is no exception. Supremely attentive staff (all part of the hotel opening team), and amazing food. Next time, I'm going to stay here (SPG Gold).
You're making me even more frustrated at myself for not getting in on the referral program which would have given me Elite Gold status when I stayed there in a few weeks.

I'm looking forward to eating most of my meals in the Italian restaurant, Prego.

Not that I'm a big beef person, but I'm anxious to see how they setup an Italian restaurant with absolutely no beef.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 8:20 am

You're making me even more frustrated at myself for not getting in on the referral program which would have given me Elite Gold status when I stayed there in a few weeks.

I'm looking forward to eating most of my meals in the Italian restaurant, Prego.

Not that I'm a big beef person, but I'm anxious to see how they setup an Italian restaurant with absolutely no beef.
Why absolutely no beef?
Old Mar 7, 2010, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Why absolutely no beef?
I had heard that beef within Andhra Pradesh is particularly uncommon?

Am I misinformed?
Old Mar 7, 2010, 10:18 am

I had heard that beef within Andhra Pradesh is particularly uncommon?

Am I misinformed?
No idea. I know that in Delhi/NCR I've seen beef on menus.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
only a limited number of restaurants will serve beef openly....
Old Mar 25, 2010, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

If you have a chance to stay there, do so.

The hotel was quite nice - and while all hotels have issues... The ones there were quite minor and I've already given them feedback.

Everyone there was so incredibly friendly and genuinely wanted to take excellent care of the people staying there. It was quite impressive.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 8:59 pm

Thank you for your feedback, JBauer24.

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.