Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hyderabad Westin, India [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyderabad Westin, India [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2011, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Wow. I can skip the room upgrade but the idea of leaky bathroom (what is that? gross) and low speed internet. Not acceptable. Can someone offer up options for us? Group of five. Thanks.
I've stayed there probably a total of 8 weeks now. Internet has always been excellent. Even for video or Citrix via VPN.

I'd say the rate of plumbing problems at the Westin is the same as I've had at the ITC Kakatiya or Taj Krishna. So, maybe whomever does the plumbing for hotels in Hyd needs a little more training.

The Westin location is great for most businesses, but be aware of the traffic and try to stay somewhere near your destination or travel during off hours.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Ok. I'm still in or should I say we are. Our other option was the Novotel. No matter what for me the best recognition would be at the Westin. Sounds no better in terms of construction than the Intercontinental Marine Drive in Mumbai.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:36 am

You will be much happier at the Westin than the Novotel. Better food and nicer rooms.

One benefit of the Novotel is the bar.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Well that is important. Bar works.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 7:02 pm

On property now. Received a suite upgrade which I could see online in advance three days ago. The "quality" of workmanship is very bad. I understand this is India and things move pretty fast. Having been at the Intercontinental in Mumbai (rooms in good shape) earlier this year one would think the Westin would use the benefit of time to fine tune (aka touch up) some parts. In both bathrooms I've had toilet paper rolls falling off the holders because the holder will not sit level. From my room you get slums looking one way and Accenture buildings the other. Internet speed slowed this morning.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
On property now. Received a suite upgrade which I could see online in advance three days ago. The "quality" of workmanship is very bad. I understand this is India and things move pretty fast. Having been at the Intercontinental in Mumbai (rooms in good shape) earlier this year one would think the Westin would use the benefit of time to fine tune (aka touch up) some parts. In both bathrooms I've had toilet paper rolls falling off the holders because the holder will not sit level. From my room you get slums looking one way and Accenture buildings the other. Internet speed slowed this morning.
"touch up" is a perfect description... when I stayed there, I noticed many things that were off kilter, and could have been properly installed. simple things like light switches, elevator indicators, toilet paper dispensors, the tvs in the rooms, to name a few things.

overall, i enjoyed the hotel, but the attention to detail in the construction, was obviously lacking.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:10 am

That odor is definitely here. Caught it when I returned to room. Service in Lounge is marginal. Marginal. Already have other associates complaining about rooms. Is there no need to raise any type of standard here? Coming from Hong Kong and Bangkok was probably not a good example to set against.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:42 am

The food has been excellent. Everyone is pretty happy in the end staying here. Others have tried the Novotel.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Plat
Does anyone have any experience of what kind, if any, upgrades get offered to gold members? I am deciding whether to upgrade in advance w points or take my chances.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:22 pm

Golds in our party received no upgrade.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 3:08 pm

This place seems to be going downhill. Front Desk gets confused by early morning (i.e. after midnight) check-ins too often. Fewer options on the buffets. Main issue (as others have noted) is maintenance. Gym equipment seems not to work in all cases. On my most recent stay, the door to the shower was not working and no one could be bothered to fix it.

Service in the Italian restaurant was problematic the last time I was there (staff not paying attention). I'm not sure if this was a one-off, as I've always had stellar service in their restaurants in the past.

Still better than the Novotel and location is better for me than the ITC hotel. With the Oberoi opening down the street and the Park Hyatt just inside of Banjara Hills they are going to have a lot more competition by the end of the year. I like SPG, but if either of the new hotels is better I may end up jumping ship.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:13 pm

We may be inbound again. Hope the PH is open by then.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Any recent experiences/things to look out for?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by CPRich
I stayed here for 10 nights in late February/early March and had a great experience. Was upgraded to a nice suite with a separate sitting area/desk, bedroom and large bathroom. I only ate breakfast at the hotel, but it's a very impressive breakfast spread. Worked out every morning in the fitness center on the top floor and think I ran into 2-3 people in the gym over my entire stay. I spent Sunday afternoon sitting poolside drinking Kingfisher, and I could have been convinced I was on vacation rather than a business trip.

Overall a very positive experience. There was a mosquito problem on the main floor, as others have mentioned, but I'm not convinced that's really avoidable.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by CPRich
I stayed here for 10 nights in late February/early March and had a great experience. Was upgraded to a nice suite with a separate sitting area/desk, bedroom and large bathroom. I only ate breakfast at the hotel, but it's a very impressive breakfast spread. Worked out every morning in the fitness center on the top floor and think I ran into 2-3 people in the gym over my entire stay. I spent Sunday afternoon sitting poolside drinking Kingfisher, and I could have been convinced I was on vacation rather than a business trip.

Overall a very positive experience. There was a mosquito problem on the main floor, as others have mentioned, but I'm not convinced that's really avoidable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.