Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

MBNA Starwood Mastercard NO MORE!!!! (Points earned thru Feb 28 2010)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2007, 2:20 am
Original Poster

When do starpoints from MBNA SPG posts to my SPG account? The one from purchases and the first purchase bonus, do they post at the same time?

Another thing about using the MBNA SPG Mastercard for first hotel stay, it states that

"(2) for the first time that a cardholder stays at a Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. property, provided however, that (i) all charges associated with such stay are charged to such cardholder's Card, (ii) a cardholder must be charged for at least one evening rate for a standard room at a Starwood property (note: a complimentary stay does not qualify for this reward even if ancillary room charges are paid using the Card), and (iii) the cardholder must submit to MBNA Canada Bank® ("MBNA") the applicable coupon (provided by MBNA®) for this bonus reward"

Where can I get this coupon to claim for the bonus points?

Thank you.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:07 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
Points and bonus points generally are posted within 10 days of statement closing date.

Originally Posted by xtrader101
When do starpoints from MBNA SPG posts to my SPG account? The one from purchases and the first purchase bonus, do they post at the same time?

Another thing about using the MBNA SPG Mastercard for first hotel stay, it states that

"(2) for the first time that a cardholder stays at a Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. property, provided however, that (i) all charges associated with such stay are charged to such cardholder's Card, (ii) a cardholder must be charged for at least one evening rate for a standard room at a Starwood property (note: a complimentary stay does not qualify for this reward even if ancillary room charges are paid using the Card), and (iii) the cardholder must submit to MBNA Canada Bank® ("MBNA") the applicable coupon (provided by MBNA®) for this bonus reward"

Where can I get this coupon to claim for the bonus points?

Thank you.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 12:31 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, Best Western Diamond, AC - 35K, A3-GOLD, Alaska, National Executive Elite
There was no coupon for first stay bonus. I never got one. Note the first stay bonus posted after 12 weeks from the stay for me.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 6:03 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hilton Gold; Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Keen4deals
There was no coupon for first stay bonus. I never got one. Note the first stay bonus posted after 12 weeks from the stay for me.
It also took 12 weeks for mine to be posted.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
can someone post a link for this Credit Card? I have a SPG Amex but if I could get a Mastercard as well, I would use it for Hyatt FFN's and REALLY do some double dipping!
Old Aug 21, 2007, 9:08 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
It's only valid for Cdn residents.

www.mbna.ca
Old Aug 21, 2007, 9:08 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA PE, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bsdstone
can someone post a link for this Credit Card? I have a SPG Amex but if I could get a Mastercard as well, I would use it for Hyatt FFN's and REALLY do some double dipping!
This card is only available for Canadian residents. Here is the link for the application https://wwwn.applyonlinenow.com/CACC...=beqp&lc=en_CA
Old Aug 22, 2007, 12:07 am
Original Poster

MBNA Starpoints

Starpoints posted to my account today and also the first purchase bonus of 5000.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Does MBNA gives you a complimentary Gold SPG membership if your CC spending reaches at least $30K per year like the AMEX has?

Or staying at *wood properties the only way to get gold.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 2:29 pm

The MBNA card does NOT give you comp Gold. Amex Platinum in Canada does.

Does MBNA gives you a complimentary Gold SPG membership if your CC spending reaches at least $30K per year like the AMEX has?

Old Aug 31, 2007, 3:52 pm

The platnum american express available in Canada gives you comp Gold SPG upon acceptance - the downside is the annual fee is about $399.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.

I believed that $399 annual fee is execessive for my taste. I'll stick to my MBNA SPG and after one year I will negotiate with them if they can give me complimentary SPG Gold membership. I'm kind of new to MBNA, been with PC Mastercard for too long and my spending is at least $30K per year.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 11:17 pm

Programs: AC Fly-Free-Forever Winner
Thanks for the info.

I believed that $399 annual fee is execessive for my taste. I'll stick to my MBNA SPG and after one year I will negotiate with them if they can give me complimentary SPG Gold membership. I'm kind of new to MBNA, been with PC Mastercard for too long and my spending is at least $30K per year.
If MBNA SPG MC can comp Gold, that would be fantastic. please post if you're successful or not.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 7:45 am

I have friends who were offered it without asking. This was done an incentive to actually stay at SPG hotels as opposed to just earning a 1000 points a month on the card.

Originally Posted by cko64
If MBNA SPG MC can comp Gold, that would be fantastic. please post if you're successful or not.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 11:40 am

Programs: AC E, SPG P, MR S
I received my sign up bonus on the first statement, but I didn't get my first use at a *Wood property bonus until 6 months later. Funny enough was that the first use of my card was actually to pay for a room at a Westin!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.