Search

A Message from SPG Regarding Clear

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2009, 1:56 pm
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
A Message from SPG Regarding Clear

As many of you have already discovered, Clear®, the company that helped to expedite travelers quickly through airport security lines, has ceased operations as of Monday, June 22, 2009.

In review, last December, SPG partnered with Clear® to reward its members with Clear® cards as a token of our gratitude for their loyalty. SPG provided two Clear® offers - one gave Platinum members a one-year complimentary Clear® enrollment or renewal, and the second gave our Preferred and Gold members a complimentary three-month trial offer with an option to purchase an additional 12 or more months.

While we are disappointed our Platinum members may have only received a few months of Clear® membership, they were all, fortunately, complimentary months and we hope that they enjoyed the gift while it lasted.

For our Preferred and Gold members, we understand that having been encouraged by Clear® to purchase a membership for an additional 12 months, they may have suffered some loss in the events that have transpired, if indeed they chose to do so. While the decision to purchase was each member’s own responsibility, SPG is offering these members a Starpoint gesture of goodwill based on receiving an eligible proof of purchase from our offer.

Affected Preferred and Gold members can claim their Starpoints by faxing the following information to 519-633-5865 before July 30, 2009:

-- Proof of purchase: your Clear receipt, or a credit card statement with the Clear (Verified Identity Pass, Inc.) charge listed

-- SPG Number, Last Name, and First Name

SPG will then verify that the Clear® enrollment was processed through Starwood Preferred Guest’s promotional site and then credit the Starpoints within 7 business days from receipt of eligible proof. No other company’s offer will qualify for this gesture of goodwill.

Please don’t hesitate to call your SPG Customer Contact Center at 888-625-4988 if we can assist you in any way. We look forward to seeing you again in our hotels soon.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jun 24, 2009, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Very classy and totally unnecessary. Thank you.

Mike
Old Jun 24, 2009, 2:07 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Very nice !!!!
Old Jun 24, 2009, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by mikeef
Very classy and totally unnecessary.
I agree! Kudos to SPG!
Old Jun 24, 2009, 2:17 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AA EXP
Things like this is why I continue to direct 99% of my stays to Starwood properties.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 2:45 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I agree kudos goes to SPG for a consolation offering to those who felt cheated by the collapse of CLEAR. I know I would be upset, and I think I would be thankful for anything at all, considering Starwood had no control over what happened with CLEAR.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 2:50 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by mikeef
Very classy and totally unnecessary.
Precisely right and well said. *wood and SPG rise above the crowd once again.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
I agree kudos goes to SPG for a consolation offering to those who felt cheated by the collapse of CLEAR. I know I would be upset, and I think I would be thankful for anything at all, considering Starwood had no control over what happened with CLEAR.
Thats the problem when they have Control The episode in Mauirtius, 4 Hotels being thrown out in Israel. They fall back on Legally we dont have to do anything and you are on your own. Although thats true they can decide to step up to the plate as they have done here with Clear, but it seems have decided NOT to

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...oriah-tlv.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ng-my-rez.html

Last edited by craz; Jun 24, 2009 at 3:41 pm
Old Jun 24, 2009, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA GS 3Million, Marriott/SPG LIFETIME Platinum - current Titanium, HHonors Diamond
While I think it is very classy that SPG is compensating their Preferred and Gold customers, I would rather have had them spend the money they wasted on my CLEAR card (and I did sign up) on some nice luggage tags - quite frankly.

I still think SPG is the best program - it's a shame they picked a loser of a partner (especially one that a blind AIG analyst could have seen coming a mile away) for this "special treat" for us Plats.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 5:15 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
Kudos to SPG for this. I enjoyed my free Clear while it lasted.

Nice move, especially compared to the PR "disaster?" Get over yourselves, folks.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
A classy jesture from SPG.
Thx, William.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 7:26 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
As many of you have already discovered, Clear®, the company that helped to expedite travelers quickly through airport security lines, has ceased operations as of Monday, June 22, 2009.

In review, last December, SPG partnered with Clear® to reward its members with Clear® cards as a token of our gratitude for their loyalty. SPG provided two Clear® offers - one gave Platinum members a one-year complimentary Clear® enrollment or renewal, and the second gave our Preferred and Gold members a complimentary three-month trial offer with an option to purchase an additional 12 or more months.

While we are disappointed our Platinum members may have only received a few months of Clear® membership, they were all, fortunately, complimentary months and we hope that they enjoyed the gift while it lasted.

For our Preferred and Gold members, we understand that having been encouraged by Clear® to purchase a membership for an additional 12 months, they may have suffered some loss in the events that have transpired, if indeed they chose to do so. While the decision to purchase was each member’s own responsibility, SPG is offering these members a Starpoint gesture of goodwill based on receiving an eligible proof of purchase from our offer.

Affected Preferred and Gold members can claim their Starpoints by faxing the following information to 519-633-5865 before July 30, 2009:

-- Proof of purchase: your Clear receipt, or a credit card statement with the Clear (Verified Identity Pass, Inc.) charge listed

-- SPG Number, Last Name, and First Name

SPG will then verify that the Clear® enrollment was processed through Starwood Preferred Guest’s promotional site and then credit the Starpoints within 7 business days from receipt of eligible proof. No other company’s offer will qualify for this gesture of goodwill.

Please don’t hesitate to call your SPG Customer Contact Center at 888-625-4988 if we can assist you in any way. We look forward to seeing you again in our hotels soon.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Well done!
Old Jun 24, 2009, 7:50 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Some off topic posts (forcing the opportunity to take a shot at Starwood for something completely unrelated to the topic at hand), and posts quoting them, have been deleted from this thread. Kindly stay on topic.

Thanks,

AZ
Old Jun 24, 2009, 7:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I didn't use SPG's offer (I was hoping to renew for my 3rd year thru SPG) but way to go SPG ^
Old Jun 24, 2009, 8:00 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Am I the only one that thought *AND* posted the question - how many goodwill points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.