Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Plaza Athenee Bangkok, THB 1,999 FT Special with up to 4,000 SPG Pnts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Plaza Athenee Bangkok, THB 1,999 FT Special with up to 4,000 SPG Pnts

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2009, 7:52 pm
Company Representative -Le Meridien Plaza Athenee Bangkok
Original Poster

Lightbulb PROMO: Plaza Athenee Bangkok, THB 1,999 FT Special with up to 4,000 SPG Pnts

Dear Flyertalk Community:

In addition to being a part of Starwood, we pride ourselves in our award-winning Food and Beverage facilities, private and seductive Le Royal Club Lounge, our relaxing free-form lagoon pool, and unobtrusive yet personalized service. Explore the cultural landscape of Bangkok and discover Thailand by booking the following rates exclusively for the Flyertalk Community.

SPECIAL OFFER 1
(Exclusive to the Flyertalk Community)

Booking window: 18th until 24th May, 2009

Deluxe Room
THB 1’999 ++ (room only) – about US$ 67 all-in / night
Minimum 2 night stay applies

Royal Club Deluxe Room
THB 3’999 ++ (room with Royal Club Benefits) – about US$ 134 all-in / night
Minimum 2 night stay applies

Click here to book now.

Terms + Conditions:

• Offer valid at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel only for stays booked between May 18th and 25th and completed between May 18th and September 30th 2009.
• A minimum stay of two (2) consecutive nights apply.
• A maximum stay of eight (8) consecutive nights apply.
• Advance reservations are required and can only be made online.
• Royal Club benefits for maximum 2 people are included in the Royal Club Deluxe Room rate.
• A qualifying rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest program.
• All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice, and can be found at SPG.com.
• 1 night deposit is required at time of booking – for cancellations received within 7 days of arrival, 1 night will be forfeited
• Rates are per room, per night, based on single/double occupancy and availability at time of reservation and do not include additional per room, per night charges that may be imposed or state/local taxes.
• A limited number of rooms may be available at these rates.
• Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.
• Offer not applicable to groups.
• Not to be combined with other offers or promotions and subject to change.
• Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors.
• Void where prohibited by law.
• Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
• Starpoints, SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, Le Meridien, The Luxury Collection, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.
© 2009 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. All Rights reserved.

SPECIAL OFFER 2
(Exclusive to the Flyertalk Community)

Booking window: 18th until 24th May, 2009

Deluxe Room
THB 1’999 ++ (room only) – about US$ 67 all-in / night
Minimum 4 night stay and receive 2’000 Bonus Starpoints per stay*

Royal Club Deluxe Room
THB 3’999 ++ (room with Royal Club Benefits) – about US$ 134 all-in / night
Minimum 4 night stay and receive 4’000 Bonus Starpoints per stay*

Click here to book now.

Terms + Conditions:

• Offer valid at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel only for stays booked between May 18th and 24th and completed between May 18th and September 30th 2009.
• A minimum stay of four (4) consecutive nights apply.
• A maximum stay of eight (8) consecutive nights apply.
• Advance reservations are required and can only be made online.
• Deluxe Room bookings will be awarded 2,000 Starpoints per stay. Royal Club Deluxe Room bookings will be awarded 4,000 Starpoints per stay.
• 2,000 / 4,000 bonus Starpoints per stay will be credited to the member's account depending on which room type is reserved at time of booking. Bonus Starpoint amount applicable will not change as a result of any complimentary room upgrades applied at the time of check-in or during the stay.
• Royal Club benefits for maximum 2 people are included in the Royal Club Deluxe Room rate.
• Bonus Starpoints will be credited within 4-6 weeks of the stay posting to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account.
• Multiple rooms charged to the same member during the same stay will only count as one stay.
• An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-in or check-outs that occur and post to the member’s Starwood Preferred Guest® account.
• A qualifying rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest program.
• All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice, and can be found at SPG.com.
• 1 night deposit is required at time of booking – for cancellations received within 7 days of arrival, 1 night will be forfeited
• Rates are per room, per night, based on single/double occupancy and availability at time of reservation and do not include additional per room, per night charges that may be imposed or state/local taxes.
• Starpoints, SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, Le Meridien, The Luxury Collection, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.

Update

Our prices for the "Eat + Drink" special have recently changed. Note that you still get to use the full value of your room rate to spend on Food and Beverage while staying with us. The updated prices are seen below:

SPECIAL OFFER 3
(Also available on our Special Offer Page)

Book our Eat + Drink = Stay Free rate where you receive an F&B credit to the value of your room rate for all nights booked!

Deluxe Room
THB 6'591 net (room only) – about US$ 194 all-in / night

Deluxe Junior Suite
THB 7’768 net (room only) – about US$ 228 all-in / night

Deluxe Suite
THB 10’122 net (room only) – about US$ 298 all-in / night

Click here to book now.

Terms + Conditions:

Offer valid at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel only for stays booked and completed between now and August 31st 2009.
• Advance reservations are required and may be made online.
• Food and Beverage credit equivalent to the nightly room rate booked with this offer will be awarded on a daily basis – credit is not cumulative.
• Food and Beverage credit can be used in all Outlets of the Hotel (excluding Alcohol and Minibar)
• Rate is fully prepaid and non-refundable

Last edited by Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood); Jun 16, 2009 at 7:07 pm Reason: Updated price-points / T+C's
Old May 18, 2009, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Very interesting:
I think this is the first time I have seen a hotel with its own FT handle.

Now I have to read more about the
"private and seductive Le Royal Club Lounge".
Old May 19, 2009, 1:14 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
This is an excellent hotel - and a great deal.

I've had the pleasure of staying at this property four times, three times on business and at least once on leisure, including a stay during the airport closure.

They have an excellent record of Plat recognition, the breakfast buffet is amazing (with the most welcoming of servers and cooks) and the staff is efficient and professional, as D1Dman writes.

During the siege, the concierge demonstrated considerable patience and was the talk of the free happy hour held on the club floor. She helped so many people - from how to get 'scripts refilled to arranging new flights once the protesters evacuated that I would feel very comfortable trusting the Athenee with most any travel concern.

I have an extended b-trip in HKG that starts tomorrow, and have been debating going down to BKK for a weekend or two, this may well be the tipping point. That's how well regarded this hotel is!
Old May 19, 2009, 2:12 am
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
We just cheked out an hour ago.

Great hotel and staff. we were a guest of a Platinum and they offered us a junior suite last night which we passed on. We asked for breakfast this morning instead and they reluctantly agreed as the Platinum member was not present for the stay. Extremely nice buffett breakfast and we ate dinner there as well last night.

The place is really empty and I congratulate management for taking a proactive step to increase business.

On the 8th of May a relative of the Prime Minister held a wedding reception there and he was in attendance. The lobby was full of very nicely dressed young ladies with makeup and high heels. I doubt any of them were "ladies of the evening"

The current SPG category is still low as far as I'm concerned and a bargain at the above quoted rates.

Last edited by ingy; May 19, 2009 at 2:13 am Reason: spelling
Old May 19, 2009, 4:58 am

Programs: AA Plat for Life, Starwood Platinum, HH Gold
A question for the OP (The Plaza Athenee)...do Platinum upgrades apply (assuming availability) to the basic, Deluxe Room, rates?
Old May 19, 2009, 6:14 am
Company Representative -Le Meridien Plaza Athenee Bangkok
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VanMan
A question for the OP (The Plaza Athenee)...do Platinum upgrades apply (assuming availability) to the basic, Deluxe Room, rates?
Yes - the Platinum benefits apply to the Deluxe Room rates.

We look forward to receiving your booking!

Best regards,
Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
Old May 19, 2009, 9:14 am

i had only just booked a fully-prepaid rate at the Le Meridien (the one near silom) a few days ago for early june - had i seen this post a few days sooner, i would've picked this one up without second thoughts instead of going to le meridien!!!!

with regards to provocatively dressed ladies, there're plenty of them around WGS & SGS for their proximity to soi cowboy... it never bothered me though...
Old May 19, 2009, 12:33 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Way to go! ^ I just booked two nights for my September trip.

In comparison, the JW Marriott BKK likes to rip off their loyal customers while offering half price opaque rates on Wotif/Priceline.
Old May 19, 2009, 3:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Folks, I just deleted several posts that took this thread well off the very specific topic at hand. I hope everyone understands, but if you have concerns about the action, please feel free to address them with me in a Private Message.

Thanks,

AZ
Old May 19, 2009, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
• Food and Beverage credit can be used in all Outlets of the Hotel (excluding Alcohol and Minibar)
Old May 19, 2009, 10:54 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
I just booked 2 weekend stays. I wonder if they offer free internet connection with my laptop either in the room or in the club lounge at this hotel. If not, how much would it cost? Many hotels in Asia offer free internet connection at least in the club lounge.
Old May 19, 2009, 11:18 pm

Those are some great offers.

Thanks for posting and being so proactive in looking for business ^
Old May 19, 2009, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat for Life, Starwood Platinum, HH Gold
There is free wi-fi in the lounge.
Old May 20, 2009, 12:03 am
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
THB1,999 is so good, but minimum 2 nights is not.
Since SPG has promotion(2 stays for 1 free weekend night) going, I will choose 1 night charge apply for food at Plaza Athenee and then move to Westin BKK for second night.

If SPG do not have such promotion, I am willing to spend a few days at Plaza Athenee which is still very good hotel, especially good for platinum members.

Anyway, thanks so much for the kind offer to Frequent Flyer Community.
Old May 20, 2009, 12:10 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
This is a great deal. I only hope I am able to take advantage of it before the booking deadline. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.