Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Portland, OR East 2006 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Portland, OR East 2006 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2006, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Four Points Portland, OR East 2006 on [Master Thread]

Just wanted to add to this since it hadn't been updated in awhile. I've stayed there twice in last month or so and found it to be one of the cleanest and nicest Four Points at which I have stayed. As a Gold, both times here I was given an extra large room on the third floor. The most recent time, the room came with a sofa and extra sitting area. I'm not sure if it was considered a suite or not, but it was clearly much bigger than the rooms I'm usually in.

Also, the staff I've encountered have been very nice. And when I arrived the second time, the staff person already knew who I was before I said my name. She said she remembered checking me in last month.

Haven't tried the continental breakfast, so can't comment on that. Location is definitely convenient to the airport.

Edited to add the bathroom amenities (shampoo, soap, etc.) are Aveda products -- far nicer than what I've seen at any other Four Points (or even most Sheratons).

Last edited by Socaflyer; Jul 6, 2006 at 5:57 pm
Old Jul 6, 2006, 1:51 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I also stayed here last week- was in Columbia River Gorge area and just needed a place to crash for the night and many places were sold out. I'd second most of what's been said, it's very clean and the staff are super-friendly. If you dont like the breakfast they put out, you can get a very nice breakfast in the attached restaurant. Given how cheap the rates are at the 4pts, I dont complain about having to pay for breakfast.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 11:15 am
jtb

Programs: SPG, AS, AA, CO
Four Points Portland East

okay just a newby here so be nice; It looks like starting in Oct. i'll be spending 1weekend a month in east Portland on business. I searched the forums re: Starwood Portland and see the range of opinions but has anyone actually stayed at the 4points Portland East? From there i'll only be about 3.5 miles from my seminars and mainly looking for a place to crash but don't want to stay here if its a dump. Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 10:24 pm
Original Member

I've stayed at 4 Points Portland East several times - been very pleased with it. It's also a great place to redeem Starpoints, especially on weekends (2000 points/night).
Old Jul 17, 2007, 2:18 pm

Just wanted to report good gold upgrade treatment at the four points Portland east. On a one night stay, without asking about an upgrade I got upgraded to a suite.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, SPG Plat
Anyone have any recent experience with this hotel? My son needs a hotel room in Portland for a week in August and I am looking for the lowest cost/cheapest number of points option - and this hotel pops up...

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 3, 2009, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
I've stayed at Four Points Portland East a couple of times with no complaints. Nothing remarkable about the hotel. It is newer construction than some of the older (re-flaged) Four Points you find on the East coast. I do remember the resturant connected to the hotel had pretty good food.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 11:13 am

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
If anyone is looking for a BRG the current SPG rate for this place is $79 and up.

Booking.com has a rate of $69

was hoping a double stay credit promo would have been running by now, was going to try my first mattress run while in Portland next weekend. Since i was checking rates anyways I thought i'd share this fine.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:58 am

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Apparently this hotel doesn't have airport shuttle service to PDX. Does anyone know if there's a light rail stop nearby the Four Points and if so, how far it is? Have an early AM flight so trying to figure out logistics in advance.

Thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2013, 2:31 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Given the choice of here or the Sheraton at PDX, which is ~$5 more, which do you choose? Flying in to PDX, but driving up to Govy in early AM.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dparkinson
Given the choice of here or the Sheraton at PDX, which is ~$5 more, which do you choose? Flying in to PDX, but driving up to Govy in early AM.
I would choose the Sheraton, without hesitation. If you arrive early enough in the evening, their lounge is quite nice, including decent munchies and free booze. Even if you arrive later, there is a good selection of snacks and beverages available 24 hours. As a fairly frequent platinum guest at this property, I have received suite upgrades there 95% of the time.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 8:37 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
Originally Posted by LarryU
I would choose the Sheraton, without hesitation. If you arrive early enough in the evening, their lounge is quite nice, including decent munchies and free booze.
+1 or Aloft at Cascade Station which is also near the airport. Four Points East is not in a very nice area. I went to a bank down the street from this hotel once and they had safety glass between the customer and the teller. This was the only bank I've been to in Portland where I've seen this kind of security.

Last edited by Uh Clem; Jun 23, 2013 at 8:42 pm
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:10 pm

Programs: Alaska Milage Plan MVP, Hyatt Platinum
Not sure if this is appropriate given the age of the thread, but wanted to add my experience with this hotel. My wife and I stayed here three times within one year. First two stays were fine, but given that nights were only 3k points we came back for a third trip and booked a fourth a few months after the third. The third was an awful stay, staff was unhelpful, hadn't placed a crib in our room ahead of time and we had to wait for it. Toilet was leaking water and the TV didn't work. I mentioned it all the next morning and got a shrug from the agent at checkout. When asked for my opinion in an email survey I gave it, and left a negative tripadvisor review with my frustration.

The GM of the property wrote a nasty note back to me, and cancelled that fourth stay. She asked me to find a different hotel. I was shocked. Her reasoning was that I didn't bring it to the attention of staff upon finding the room in poor shape. I didn't want to deal with the staff nor did I want to move rooms given that I had a sleeping child.

I shared this experience with Starwood and they were apathetic to the actions of the GM. I'll never stay at this property again (nor am I likely permitted to do so), and this experience has soured my opinion of SPG in general. I'm draining my SPG account and will focus elsewhere.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 5:03 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Can anyone confirm how far this hotel is from the Portland Trimet MAX light rail ? The hotel website says "0.08 miles", but looking at google maps the closest MAX station I can find is E 181st on Burnside St, which is about a mile away.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 9:13 pm

Programs: Alaska Milage Plan MVP, Hyatt Platinum
Can anyone confirm how far this hotel is from the Portland Trimet MAX light rail ? The hotel website says "0.08 miles", but looking at google maps the closest MAX station I can find is E 181st on Burnside St, which is about a mile away.
Ya that's distance on the webiste is not true at all. I travel to Portland and have used the MAX extensively. The closest light rail stop is the one you're seeing 1 mile away at 181st and Burnside. And honestly this isn't a neighborhood you're going to want to walk that distance through at any time of the day. Despite the name of the place this is not a trendy East Portland locale, this is Gresham. Think fast food joints, warehouses and half-empty strip malls and that's where this property is.

My experience here was awful (see previous) so my perception is a bit clouded. For proximity to light rail and for a quality stay you're best off staying near the airport, there are a few SPG properties nearby. The aloft is just steps from a MAX station, it's next to the Hyatt Place which is my preferred hotel in Portland.

Let me know if you have any other Q's. Portland is a wonderful city so if there's any info I can give to make your trip more pleasant I'm happy to do so!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.