Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Does the Sheraton Promise include a 30-minute Room Service Guarantee?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2004, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold

Currently at a Sheraton Suites waiting for room service. It's been 29 minutes and I don't expect it to arrive in the next 1. I read somewhere that the Sheraton Service Promise applies for room service that takes longer than 30 minutes? Is this true? If so, is the meal free?

Quick replies would be greatly appreciated, I couldn't find any links to the SSP T&Cs in the "Compendium" and a search for "Room Service" yielded zilch.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Blah. Got the food after 46 minutes but was more annoyed by the quality. I'm becoming more and more disenchanted by the service here . This morning I expressly notified the front desk at 9:30 I'd be receiving a UPS package within an hour and to please bring it to my room. It was delivered at 10:15 of course but not brought to my room. I called at 12 and twenty minutes later got it . That on top of the worst hash browns (completely inedible... like leather!) i've ever had in my life and $7 drinks in the club lounge...

And no food between 10:30 and 5:30 because of low occupancy during Christmas week. Then I asked for a microwave (listed in the things I can request), 3 phone calls and 2 hours later I got it.

Blah.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I read somewhere that the Sheraton Service Promise applies for room service that takes longer than 30 minutes? Is this true? If so, is the meal free?

Quick replies would be greatly appreciated, I couldn't find any links to the SSP T&Cs in the "Compendium" and a search for "Room Service" yielded zilch.
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...00c7b9800fa95f
Old Dec 24, 2004, 12:09 am

People eat at these hotels?

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Blah. Got the food after 46 minutes but was more annoyed by the quality. I'm becoming more and more disenchanted by the service here . This morning I expressly notified the front desk at 9:30 I'd be receiving a UPS package within an hour and to please bring it to my room. It was delivered at 10:15 of course but not brought to my room. I called at 12 and twenty minutes later got it . That on top of the worst hash browns (completely inedible... like leather!) i've ever had in my life and $7 drinks in the club lounge...

And no food between 10:30 and 5:30 because of low occupancy during Christmas week. Then I asked for a microwave (listed in the things I can request), 3 phone calls and 2 hours later I got it.

Blah.
I'm SPG for life, but their food is like airline food. The first thing I do when I get in my room is find the nearest idine place to go eat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.