Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Baltimore North [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Baltimore North [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2004, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Arrow Sheraton Baltimore North [Master Thread]

Any recent comments? How do they treat plats? How far is it from Camden Yards? Anything to do in the area?
Old May 4, 2004, 4:00 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Decent enough hotel in a nice part of town. It's not downtown, so it is a bit of a distance from Camden Yards (where my Jays will trounce the Orioles in August ). A pretty big mall (Towson Town Center or something like that) across the street, with a bridge connecting to the hotel. It's right off the highway (I think it's called the Beltway or something), so it's convenient.

Seems to be WiFi in the hotel, at least on the Club Floors (saw the transmitters, but I didn't have my wireless PC card with me, so didn't try it), but no HSIA wired connection in my room. Club Floor, by the way, looks no different from any other floor...

Rooms are good sized. Shower even has the Westin curved curtain rod, if I remember correctly. One light bulb in the room didn't work. Bath robe was not in the room. Called downstairs, and these were delivered in minutes.

I'm only a gold, so can't comment on Plt treatment. Asked for late checkout, and was told a manager would get back to me. No one ever did. Turned out I didn't need one, but that was beside the point .

The pool is large and looks nice. "Life Guard" on duty. We went to the pool, and the guy said we couldn't go in because he had to go across the street to get something, and would be back in five minutes. Apparently there's some law that says no one goes into the pool when life guard is not there (he didn't return for 10 minutes).

Parking is in a building next to the hotel. I'm sure that's a connecting walkway or something, but I couldn't find it. So had to walk of that building and into the hotel building. NBD. Took 30 seconds. Parking is free, BTW.

Didn't try the restaurant, as the menu looked uninspiring.

Would I stay there again? Hard to say. If the price is right, maybe. But if the goal is to "visit" Baltimore, an Inner Harbor location would be better, I think.

Hope this is somewhat useful.
Old May 4, 2004, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Anyone has comparisons to the Sher Inner Harbor
Old Sep 28, 2004, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Any more recent comments
Old Sep 28, 2004, 4:51 pm

Programs: DL-GM, WN-CP, IC-Plat
It's been a while since I've been there, but it's a better than average business hotel.

There are no suites, but there is a club level.

I haven't stayed at the downtown Sheraton, but would recommend it if you want to be in Baltimore. For an Oriole game, the downtown location is just 2 blocks away. The other downtown attractions are also walking distance.

What is your itinerary?
Old Sep 28, 2004, 7:11 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA Platinum
I stayed at the Sheraton Baltimore North for 2 nights in early September.

I had dinner one night at the restaurant, which was OK. Breakfast was chaotic. They didn't seem to have a host/hostess or enough servers. Also, check-in was kind of slow.

The room was very nice and large. I am only gold so I didn't stay on a club floor.

Although the mall is very large, the restaurant choices were limited, I think there was a Friday's and a Rainforest Cafe.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA - LFT GLD 1MM, UA - 2P, SPG - LFT Plat, Hyatt - Plat, HH - Gold, Avis - CHM
the rooms have wifi for free, and they give you large liter bottles of water
they also have large bathrooms
there is a club lounge with happy hour hor douevres and continental breakfast
its a decent sheraton in a pretty good location
it does get quite busy during the weeks, so make your reservations early

unfortunately for me, my corp rate went up here so i have been forced to go to the sheraton columbia. this sheraton is about the same as the baltimore north, but it has smaller bathrooms. its club lounge has better food though
Old Sep 29, 2004, 5:49 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by i&m09
Although the mall is very large, the restaurant choices were limited, I think there was a Friday's and a Rainforest Cafe.
For a slightly different restaurant experience at reasonable prices, try the Nordstrom Cafe in the mall. Limited selection, but the food is quite decent.
Old Sep 30, 2004, 6:02 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SW, HH, MR, SPG, Choice
The downtown Sheraton is ideal for taking in a game at Camden Yards. About a block from the train system is also a plus.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 9:45 pm

any new reviews from this hotel?
Old Jul 25, 2009, 6:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I've never personally stayed at the hotel but I have put visiting co-workers up there and they have been very satisfied. The mall across the street was recently expanded so there is now a PF Changs and a Cheesecake Factory in addition to the 2 restaurants mentioned in an earlier post. There's also a Bahama Breeze on the other side of the mall.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, American Platinum
Looks like the lounge is closed on the weekends. What do they offer Plats on the weekends in lieu of the lounge?
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:28 pm

the lounge is unimpressive. We did stumble on a nice nepalese restaurant in the neighborhood though Kathmandu Kitchen. Overall the hotel was fine, the drive to Inner Harbor in the morning took 30 min.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 9:24 am

Programs: UA: 1P, SPG: PLT
I just booked a points club floor room for my wife next month. Anyone know if the lounge is open on the weekends, or if they provide vouchers for breakfast if the lounge is closed? I emailed the hotel, but have not heard back (I will call if nobody knows the answer)

Also, can this thread be added to the hotel thread in the sticky?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA: 1P, SPG: PLT
Got my answer back from the hotel (about 3 days after sending an email). The club lounge is closed on weekends and they do not offer vouchers or other assistance for breakfast on the weekends.

So changed the reservation to a regular room, no need to spend an extra 1,000 points for the club floor if the loung is closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.