Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Zhongshan Hotel, China

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG
Sheraton Zhongshan Hotel, China

It is a new hotel at Zhongshan, China. It opened in August 2010. For photos, see below.

Location: It is at the central business district and by the side of the ShiQi River. The well known Zhongshan International Hotel is just a block away.

Transportation: I found 3 long distance coach stations nearby. One is at the Zhongshan International Hotel; another one is just on the other side of the road opposite to Zhongshan International Hotel; and one more at Fu Hua Hotel. In birdeye view, if Sheraton Zhongshan is at 6 o'clock position, Fu Hua hotel is at 1 o'clock position and Zhongshan International Hotel is at 9 o'clock position. They are around 500m from the hotel providing coach services to/from Zhuhai, Guangzhou and Hong Kong. Getting to the hotel by coach from GongBei Port, Zhuhai (the port leading to/from Macau) is very convenient. It takes around 75 mins at RMB25. The Main Coach Station at Zhongshan which serve for more destinations is not close enough for walking purpose but taking a taxi there will only cost RMB10.

Availability of Suites: There are 44 suites. I stayed at 20th Floor. It seems that there are 3 suites at this floor.

Platinum Upgrade: I was upgraded to a suite with a separate sitting room.

Club Lounge: Not opened yet. The F&B Manager told me that it would open in mid-October. Until then, Platinum members can enjoy their free breakfast at the Feast. For Happy Hour, free flow at the Lobby Lounge. Believe it or not, free for anything you like which is on their Beverage Menu including beer, soft drinks, whisky and cocktails. Not sure if finger food is available.

Breakfast: So and so. RMB 128 per head. For the hot dishes, there is no name tag. I have to lift-up the covers to check once and again for the food I am looking for. Yet, that may be a good training for memory!

Restaurant: The Chinese one is at 2/F. Expensive when compared to the local restaurants. The Feast is at the lobby level.

Fitness Centre: At 6/F. With a large and pretty well equipped gym. There is also an aerobic room. The changing room is small. There is a jacuzzi with hot water and a sauna room. No steam bath.

Swimming Pool: There is a pool, a very small pool. Too small to be called a swimming pool.

The Suite: A two-room suite (with separate sitting room). Two LCD TVs. There are input connections below the TV at the sitting room. No in-room wireless lan.

Internet: Free for Platinum member for whatever speed you choose. The Link@Sheraton may be the best I have ever seen. 4 sets of HP TouchSmart 600 with printers. Lightning connection speed, excellent!

Last edited by mastiff; Sep 23, 2010 at 6:45 pm
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:46 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, United 1K, Star Alliance Gold
might try it out soon as it seems it is the closest spg property to jiangmen
Old Sep 23, 2010, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Photos of the Lobby

The Lift Lobby

The Suite at 20/F

Temperature Control Panel

The Input Panel below the TV

Sockets under the Table

The Outside View (ShiQi River on the left)

The Swimming Pool

Last edited by mastiff; Sep 23, 2010 at 6:31 pm
Old Sep 23, 2010, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Floor Plan

Room Service (Beverages)

The Male Changing Room

The Gym

Link@Sheraton

Last edited by mastiff; Sep 23, 2010 at 6:47 pm
Old Sep 23, 2010, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Thank you for the report and the photos.
Old May 30, 2011, 4:23 am

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
Thumbs up

I am staying at this hotel now. Been here for the last ten days. Its fantastic. Its by far the nicest hotel in ZhongShan. There aren't many business travellers here. My guess is in a few years there will be a sharp rise in the number of business travellers.

They are fantastic to platinum members. I have the suite in the pictures above. Just beautiful. The gym is great and has a nice hot tub and sauna. The lounge is now open and has a fantastic full spread Chinese/English breakfast and lots of snacks/drinks for happy hour. The club is usually empty as there aren't many platinum guest. The price by western standards is amazing and runs about 100USD a night. The service is great here and this stay has been a real pleasure. My guess is as a plat you stand a very high chance of getting a suite upgrade here. ^
Old May 30, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
This hotel looks quite nice! I'll have to give it a try next time I'm in town.

However, to the poster who said it is "by far" the nicest, The Renaissance is fantastic as well! It's the world's tallest Renaissance, and I wrote a review here.

Not trying to hijack the thread - obviously this is the SPG forum, but just showing another hotel in the area for comparison! I'll probably check out the Sheraton next time and maybe do a head to head post.

Update: And not to change the topic even further... but i just realized you took pics of the locker room... isn't that.. um... kinda poor form? illegal in the US for sure.

Last edited by hungarianhc; May 30, 2011 at 12:42 pm Reason: changing room pix?
Old May 30, 2011, 11:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
This hotel looks quite nice! I'll have to give it a try next time I'm in town.

However, to the poster who said it is "by far" the nicest, The Renaissance is fantastic as well! It's the world's tallest Renaissance, and I wrote a review here.
The hotel you reviewed is in Shanghai, ~700 miles away from the hotel being discussed here.
Old May 31, 2011, 5:19 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Update: And not to change the topic even further... but i just realized you took pics of the locker room... isn't that.. um... kinda poor form? illegal in the US for sure.
Care to site the statute to back up your claim of this being illegal in the US? There are no people in the photos, so while it may break a specific property's rule, it certainly does not break the law.
Old May 31, 2011, 6:22 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by moondog
The hotel you reviewed is in Shanghai, ~700 miles away from the hotel being discussed here.
Eek! Sorry - looks like I mixed up "Zhongshan" w/ "Zhongshan Park." The latter is an area in Shanghai, and I stayed there recently. Sorry for the mix-up.
Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
Care to site the statute to back up your claim of this being illegal in the US? There are no people in the photos, so while it may break a specific property's rule, it certainly does not break the law.
Nope. As you are not a master of the English language (it's "cite," not "site"), I am not a master of law. I just know that every gym / locker room I enter has a clear sign saying that cameras / camera phones are not permitted inside, and there is often a fine attached to this. I'm not trying to start a fight about this - I just thought it might not be okay to do.
Old May 31, 2011, 6:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Eek! Sorry - looks like I mixed up "Zhongshan" w/ "Zhongshan Park." The latter is an area in Shanghai, and I stayed there recently. Sorry for the mix-up.
No harm, no foul, but fyi (source is wiki, but looks reasonably accurate to me; i.e. they might have missed a few, but I have no reason to doubt the existence of any of these):

List of Zhongshan Parks

People's Republic of China
Nanjing Zhongshan Park, Nanjing, containing the Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum.
Zhongshan Sun Wen Memorial Park, Zhongshan (Sun Yat-sen's birthplace, later re-named after him)
Beijing Zhongshan Park, Beijing
Shanghai Zhongshan Park, Shanghai
Sun Yat Sen Memorial Park, Hong Kong
Zhongshan Park, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong
Shenyang Zhongshan Park, Shenyang
Jinan Zhongshan Park, Jinan
Memorial Park of Dr. Sun Yat Sen, Macau
Ningbo Zhongshan Park, Ningbo
Dalian Zhongshan Park, Dalian
Qingdao Zhongshan Park, Qingdao
Hangzhou Zhongshan Park, Hangzhou
Wuhan Zhongshan Park, Wuhan
Xiamen Zhongshan Park, Xiamen
Shantou Zhongshan Park, Shantou
Shenzhen Zhongshan Park, Shenzhen
Foshan Zhongshan Park, Foshan
Huizhou Zhongshan Park, Huizhou
Wuzhou Zhongshan Park, Wuzhou

Republic of China (Taiwan)
Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall with attached Memorial Park, Taipei
Hsinchu Sun Yat-sen Park, Hsinchu
Tainan Sun Yat-sen Park, Tainan
Taichung Sun Yat-sen Park, Taichung
Chiayi Sun Yat-sen Park, Chiayi
Yilan Chongshan Park, Yilan
Chongshan Memorial Park, Quemoy
Luodong Chongshan Park, Luodong, Yilan County

Elsewhere
Parc Sun-Yat-Sen, Montreal, Canada
Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden, Vancouver, Canada
Zhongshan Park, Singapore (future)

I just know that every gym / locker room I enter has a clear sign saying that cameras / camera phones are not permitted inside, and there is often a fine attached to this. I'm not trying to start a fight about this - I just thought it might not be okay to do.
The gyms/spas I frequent don't have such signs and I've often wanted to take pictures of some of the cooler ones (when there aren't any naked dudes in view, of course), but I have yet to build up the courage necessary to actually do so.
Old May 31, 2011, 6:35 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Nope. As you are not a master of the English language (it's "cite," not "site"), I am not a master of law. I just know that every gym / locker room I enter has a clear sign saying that cameras / camera phones are not permitted inside, and there is often a fine attached to this. I'm not trying to start a fight about this - I just thought it might not be okay to do.
You're right, English is my third language, however, it was my mistake in that I had in my mind "care to proffer a site" and typed "care to site" instead. I was simply pointing out that the law only covers taking photos of others in "private" settings such as bathrooms, locker rooms, and changing rooms, and does not extend to an unoccupied room. If it did, then certainly a large percentage of gym goers would be guilty of breaking the law (self photos). If a gym posts a sign requesting no photos, it is simply a rule and certainly not a law.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: AA, UA.
Do they comp Gold to club lounge?

I had up coming stay on 10/19/13. Wondering if they comp Gold to club lounge?

Thanks!
Lee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.