Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discover America® Daily Getaways: SPG offer gone (updated title)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:04 pm
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level

As an FYI to our friends here at Flyertalk, Starwood Hotels & Resorts is participating in the first ever industry-wide travel promotion to support the U.S. Travel Association. From May 3 – June 4, 2010, through Discover America® Daily Getaways, Starwood will be one of 50 leading travel companies offering incredible travel deals.

On Monday May 3rd, the Starwood Preferred Guest program will be offering sets of 4,000, 7,000 and 10,000 Starpoints for $60, $100 and $145 respectively at DailyGetaways.com! This is enough for a 1 night stay at a category 2, 3 and 4 Starwood hotel or resort and is more than 50% off the normal price for Starpoints through SPG.com. There is a limit of 5 sets per purchase and quantities are limited, so snag them while you can.

You can learn more today at DailyGetaways.com, but make sure to visit again next Monday to get your hands on some exceptional savings from SPG.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:11 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
As an FYI to our friends here at Flyertalk, Starwood Hotels & Resorts is participating in the first ever industry-wide travel promotion to support the U.S. Travel Association. From May 3 – June 4, 2010, through Discover America® Daily Getaways, Starwood will be one of 50 leading travel companies offering incredible travel deals.

On Monday May 3rd, the Starwood Preferred Guest program will be offering sets of 4,000, 7,000 and 10,000 Starpoints for $60, $100 and $145 respectively at DailyGetaways.com! This is enough for a 1 night stay at a category 2, 3 and 4 Starwood hotel or resort and is more than 50% off the normal price for Starpoints through SPG.com. There is a limit of 5 sets per purchase and quantities are limited, so snag them while you can.

You can learn more today at DailyGetaways.com, but make sure to visit again next Monday to get your hands on some exceptional savings from SPG.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Thanks William - appreciate you making FT aware and SPG for participating.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
this is great!! don't forget. . 20K *pts can convert to 25K miles on many airlines
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
wOW!

Thanks for the heads up William.
BTW and OT but thanks for the BBQ trip report also!
Old Apr 27, 2010, 6:01 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Thanks for the heads up!
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Hvanv0405
this is great!! don't forget. . 20K *pts can convert to 25K miles on many airlines
That's not bad at all. 1.16 cpm. Close to the US Airways buy miles promotion except that in this case you can transfer to other alliances too.

So which airline has a partner transfer bonus running?

I think I will use this for LAN awards. ^

Last edited by abcx; Apr 27, 2010 at 10:06 pm
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
oh and if lucky enough to score the max of 5 of the 10K sets. . ..it's almost enough for Nights & Flights:

"you can redeem 60,000 Starpoints for 50,000 airline miles and five free nights at a Category 3 hotel or resort."

not a bad deal if you have 10K and can get 50K for under $750 . .use for two RT tickets and 5 nights at a cat 3.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:31 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
How fast do you think these will go? There's 470 of the 10K ones so basically you need to be among the first 100 or so people if you want 5 sets.

I have a feeling this will end up like when they used to do this with electronics where there was one deal a day and it was first come first serve. Everyday I went hoping to score a thousand dollar electronic item I didn't need for $300 and everyday I left empty handed.

I can't even remember who used to run that promotion, but I think it was AMEX then too.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by spgplat21
How fast do you think these will go? There's 470 of the 10K ones so basically you need to be among the first 100 or so people if you want 5 sets.

I have a feeling this will end up like when they used to do this with electronics where there was one deal a day and it was first come first serve. Everyday I went hoping to score a thousand dollar electronic item I didn't need for $300 and everyday I left empty handed.

I can't even remember who used to run that promotion, but I think it was AMEX then too.

ya but many people earn points on company cards and such so I'm hoping it's not that cut throat. . .can't imagine as many people being interesting in *pts as they were electronics at near 75% discounts.. . and ya amex and ya they're still doing it.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 1:23 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
I still think it would be a mad rush though come 10am ET

Good luck to those who get it ^
Old Apr 28, 2010, 7:52 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Thanks for pointing this out to us, Starwood Lurker! ^

There are also a few nice offers from some of the other travel providers. Some interesting ones:
  • $30 for Avis 1-day rental up to Premium category G. (limit 1)
  • $80 for 1 night at any Radisson (limit 3 and only 50 available)
  • $50 for 1 night at any Country Inn & Suites (limit 7)
  • $175 for a dolphin swim at Discovery Cove, Orlando. (All DC visits include a 14-day pass to either Busch Gardens or Sea World.)
  • $39 for 1-day pass to Busch Gardens or Sea World
Old Apr 28, 2010, 8:04 am

Programs: * A
thanks, this is very useful for me
Old Apr 28, 2010, 8:56 am

Programs: FB Platinum, AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
Originally Posted by Hvanv0405
oh and if lucky enough to score the max of 5 of the 10K sets. . ..it's almost enough for Nights & Flights:

"you can redeem 60,000 Starpoints for 50,000 airline miles and five free nights at a Category 3 hotel or resort."

not a bad deal if you have 10K and can get 50K for under $750 . .use for two RT tickets and 5 nights at a cat 3.
It would seem that it's not possible to buy the max of 5 of the 10K sets into one SPG account, given the points purchase limit of 20K/year:

SPG Buy Points FAQ:
https://buy.points.com/spg/buy_faq.jsp#7
Old Apr 28, 2010, 9:58 am
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by miles4CDG
It would seem that it's not possible to buy the max of 5 of the 10K sets into one SPG account, given the points purchase limit of 20K/year:

SPG Buy Points FAQ:
https://buy.points.com/spg/buy_faq.jsp#7
That will not be an issue with this offer.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:05 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Pretty cheap for 10k points IMO. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.