Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel pre 2008 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel pre 2008 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2001, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Arrow Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel pre 2008 [Master Thread]

This property is presently undergoing a major renovation. During construction, it is not easy to find the restaurant and the business centre. Imagine my pleasant surprise to find a bottle of German sparkling wine in my room as a token of apology for inconvenience during my stay. A nice touch. My renovated room was spacious and well furnished with the usual amenities. Nice going Sheraton.
Old Sep 15, 2001, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
This is one of my favorite Euro Airport Sheraton's. I especially love the Taverna restaurant in the sub-basement. One of my favorite restaurants in all of Deutcheland.

Is it still there?
Old Sep 15, 2001, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I can't say. I arrived at 0530hrs and was quickly checked in and on to bed. Slept and went into town for a beer and a snitzel. Then left early am next day for Canada. I saw a restaurant but I don't remember the name. Sorry Stimpy. Mega jetlag due to RTW...

[This message has been edited by airbus320 (edited 09-15-2001).]
Old Sep 17, 2001, 11:48 am

I have mixed feelings on this hotel. Despite being a Platinum, I had to fight to get into the new area (they wanted me to pay more money). The old section is a dump (dark and dingy) and IMHO not worth the exorbitant rates.
Old Sep 17, 2001, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MFUALHSTAR:
The old section is a dump (dark and dingy) and IMHO not worth the exorbitant rates.</font>
Agree.

Also, the restaurant is still there
Old Oct 7, 2001, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Boy I am confused now!! I've currently got a reservation for early next year at the Sheraton Arabella Grand in Frankfurt, and after reading some of the reviews of that property I thought, 'gee...maybe I should change to the Frankfurt Airport--as I have an 11 am flight back to the US the next day. But now I'm even more perplexed--should I stick with the Grand, bad treatment & all or go with the Airport--undergoing refurbishment.
PS-I'm Platinum and was hoping for some sort of upgrade or decent treatment....
Old Oct 7, 2001, 7:38 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Glad to hear this place is being renovated !!
Old Oct 7, 2001, 10:48 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Don't expect much of an upgrade from the Airport Sheraton. I've given up arguing with the staff there about upgrades.

Just take a Club Room (no Club Lounge) and be grateful seems to be the sub-text of the staff.
Old Oct 8, 2001, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I've never asked for an upgrade, but I've always gotten a Club room or Smart room without asking. That's plenty good enough for me.
Old Oct 8, 2001, 8:18 am

Was there 2 weeks ago.

Lengthy check in lines but as a Plat was given a "junior" suite which was very nice. It was in the old part about as far down the hall as you can go but I appreciated it. Also was given breakfast coupons.

I like the hotel as I can get up early, go to the Admirals Club and check in (just across the bridge) then go back to the hotel for a hour or so.
Old Oct 8, 2001, 9:59 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Stayed there Sep 25th. Had a decent dinner and great breakfast at the bistro. As someone else pointed out, it is overpriced but you can't beat the convenience. Went over to the terminal to be first on the standby list for an SWU, check the heavy bag, came back for breakfast and a shower. Went back to the terminal with just a rollaboard. Nice.

PS the fitness center was closed "due to renovations". Bummer.

[This message has been edited by gardener (edited 10-08-2001).]
Old Oct 8, 2001, 3:19 pm

mauld, my recommendation is to avoid the ArabellaSheraton Grand at all costs! I've always gotten better treatment at the airport location. The Grand will treat you like a VUP (Very Unimportant Person). But, then...maybe you read my review already.
Old Nov 21, 2001, 7:18 am

Double Pts. Frankfurt Airport Hotel

This morning I received an email about double points at the Frankfurt Sheraton Airport Hotel and Towers. I got the email on my Palm pda which cannot handle html messages, and I didn't get all the details.

Do I have to register for this promotion or is it automatic? I have two stays coming up in December.
Old Nov 21, 2001, 10:57 am

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Interesting,
from who the E-mail came from?
I could end up there this weekend so I am interested to know about this.
Old Nov 21, 2001, 1:27 pm

I emailed customer service and received a reply that said the emails are sent by an outside firm and they were not aware of this one yet.

Here is what I received:

Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 8:46 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: Double Starpoints NOW at the Sheraton Frankfurt

&lt;html&gt;
&lt;head&gt;
&lt;title&gt;Sheraton Promotion&lt;/title&gt;
&lt;meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"&gt;
&lt;STYLE TYPE="text/css"&gt;
&lt;!--
body { font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;
color: #000000}
td { font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color:
#000000}

[This message has been edited by SallyL (edited 11-22-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.