Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

LEFT Jan 31, 2010: Sheraton Braintree, MA (becoming Hyatt Place?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2003, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Chairman, Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

I am looking to stay the Braintree Sheraton next month. Was looking to see how platniums are treated. Is there a lounge? If there is not a lounge do they give breakfast coupons?
Thanks,
Reed

Old Apr 11, 2003, 8:07 am

Programs: DL-GM, WN-CP, IC-Plat
I have stayed there a few times and have received no coupons. If there is a lounge, I am unaware of it.

The best I have done is an upgrade to a larger room.

Good luck!
Old Dec 12, 2005, 4:42 am

sheraton braintree--promo codes? SPG worthwhile?

we expect to be staying at the braintree sheraton soon. when calling reservations, she asked about promo codes. are there any "out there" to reduce rates, besides AAA? if we aren't big *woods stayers, is it still worthwhile to become SPG?
thanks
Old Dec 12, 2005, 5:00 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Try Google

I entered "sheraton braintree promo codes" and received many codes. Search through them and you might find something useful.

If you are really only going to stay one night or one time and don't plan on staying anytime in the next year or two, I would recommend that you collect the airline miles with an affiliated airline partner.

Enjoy your stay!
Old Dec 12, 2005, 1:59 pm

thanks for your idea to do a seach. i didn't find any promos yet, but i am still looking.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 8:33 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
For Starwood Lurker re: Braintree Sheraton

Good morning,

First off let me say that I have long been impressed that Starwood not only had a 'lurker' on this forum, but that it takes a interest in what is said here as well as attempts to resolve issues brought up-would that all travel related companies would do the same thing!

This is more of an FYI-I am presently staying @ the Braintree Sheraton in MA unforunately, thanks to Mother Nature who blew my flights to PHX out of the sky yesterday, until Tues (originally a planned 1 night stay) & while the hotel's website lists it as having the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed, I can testify from personal experience now for 2 nights that our room at least, 2017, certainly doesn't. Not only is there no 'plush pillow top mattress' we have the old broken down ones w/the old fashioned mattress pad that ends up in a wadded knot under your back the first time you roll over in the bed. Plus, the amount of the bed skirt that is dragging on the floor, even though a good amount of it has been tucked up under the mattress, shows the linens don't fit the mattress' currently in use. While I don't know that I'd go as far as calling it false advertising, it certainly isn't the 'Sweet Sleeper Bed' one expects when staying @ a Sheraton claiming to have Sweet Sleepers. Perhaps some adjustement on the website is in order?

On the plus side, the staff have certainly been accommodating in extending our stay, even when I contacted them @ 6am on Saturday after finding out we weren't going anywhere.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 9:52 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Have a read of this thread to get Lurker's and other folks thoughts on this issue.

Same situation different hotel.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 5:16 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Ritz Carlton Plat, Hyatt Diamond, DL Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by txrus
Good morning,

First off let me say that I have long been impressed that Starwood not only had a 'lurker' on this forum, but that it takes a interest in what is said here as well as attempts to resolve issues brought up-would that all travel related companies would do the same thing!
Sorry for the semi-OT, but I did want to chime in and concur on this. Over the years I've been on a lot of message boards of different types, and I've seen many "company representatives". I've never seen a company put somebody as professional as William on a message board. Additionally, in reading between the lines in his posts, you get a sense that the "SPG program" organization has a fair amount of power in the starwood world and is willing & able to stick up for customers when they are wronged by hotel mgmt.

He's a true credit to starwood.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 11:02 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Not sure why you wouldn't just go and talk with the GENERAL MANAGER while you're at the hotel and file a complaint with customer service (as noted on the sticky at the top of this forum?)

Honestly though, knowing what's going on with others throughout the country and through the NE due to the storm, doesn't this seem a bit "small?".

I know that there are MANY others who have had to stay at the airport due to the mess in the NE.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 7:40 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ldsant
Not sure why you wouldn't just go and talk with the GENERAL MANAGER while you're at the hotel and file a complaint with customer service (as noted on the sticky at the top of this forum?)

Honestly though, knowing what's going on with others throughout the country and through the NE due to the storm, doesn't this seem a bit "small?".

I know that there are MANY others who have had to stay at the airport due to the mess in the NE.
That's not the point I was trying to make-I had booked a PLANNED one night stay that yes, turned into 4 due to the storm, but the issue at hand is that this hotel is claiming to have Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds on its website when, in fact, they don't. It's a company marketing issue which I'm pretty sure the hotel's GM will quickly state is above him. Hence my brining this to the attention of the Starwood Lurker. So, no, I don't consider this 'small'-in fact, it makes me question the claims of every other Starwood property w/re: to amenities listed. Again, hence my reasoning for bringing this to the attention of the parent organization.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 10:50 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by txrus
... Again, hence my reasoning for bringing this to the attention of the parent organization.
I'm sorry if the bed at the Sheraton Braintree was not what you were expecting. I would bring this to the attention of the parent organization by calling Corporate Customer Service. 800-328-6242.

Good luck.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Jul 12, 2009, 6:47 pm

David Beckham on Sheraton Braintree Hotel

Apparently, English soccer celeb David Beckham was appalled by the Sheraton Braintree Hotel when he stayed there a couple of years back. In a new book on the fancy boy’s first seasons with the Los Angeles Galaxy, the business-class hotel is derided as maybe “the worst Sheraton in America,’’

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...n_penalty_box/
Old Jul 12, 2009, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by money_opp
Apparently, English soccer celeb David Beckham was appalled by the Sheraton Braintree Hotel when he stayed there a couple of years back. In a new book on the fancy boy’s first seasons with the Los Angeles Galaxy, the business-class hotel is derided as maybe “the worst Sheraton in America,’’

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...n_penalty_box/
There is, in fact, a lot of competition for that title, even discounting the unloved (greatly under-renovated) Four Points by Sheraton properties that started as Sheratons 40+ years ago.

If every Sheraton could be as nice as the Sheraton Duluth (Duluth!) we would have much less to complain about.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I didn't read his quote but I have had a few stays here out of necessity and have to say that this property is just shameful. The treatment as a whole sucks. The beds and rooms are beat up. The staff was always rude and Platinum upgrade rooms never seemed to be available even when the hotel was empty.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 9:50 pm

Programs: On Sabbatical, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by studio253
I didn't read his quote but I have had a few stays here out of necessity and have to say that this property is just shameful. The treatment as a whole sucks. The beds and rooms are beat up. The staff was always rude and Platinum upgrade rooms never seemed to be available even when the hotel was empty.
Amen. Agree with Mr Beckham totally. Stayed here twice and blinked when I walked into the room. Strange layout, smelly, never an upgrade as a plat.

Not quite as sketch as my last trip to FLL, or the Sheraton Universal California (IMHO that last one gets the prize!) but pretty miserable and a blemish on the brand. Go stay for a couple days at the Sheraton Centro Historico in Mexico city, then the next night at the Braintree - head scratching will ensue How can these be the same brand?!?!?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.