Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

*A Lounge Access at GRU (Sao Paulo)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2009, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

At the end of June I'll be travelling with AC in J class from GRU to YYZ. The flight is at about 9:00 pm. I'm due to arrive GRU around noon on a domestic flight from FOR (Fortaleza) on JJ. My question is whether I'll be permitted access to either the LH or UA lounges at GRU with a same-day boarding pass on AC (assuming I'll have checked in online), or with an e-ticket (if online check-in didn't work). Anyone have experience? Know?
Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:54 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Do you have any status with Star Alliance?
Old Jun 6, 2009, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

My only status is with CO, so until they join *A, the answer is no. However, I was hoping to be able to access a lounge due to travelling same day in J on AC. All the *A material seems to indicate that as a privilege of travelling on a *A carrier in J. Am I wrong?
Old Jun 6, 2009, 6:15 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by jpyvr
At the end of June I'll be travelling with AC in J class from GRU to YYZ. The flight is at about 9:00 pm. I'm due to arrive GRU around noon on a domestic flight from FOR (Fortaleza) on JJ. My question is whether I'll be permitted access to either the LH or UA lounges at GRU with a same-day boarding pass on AC (assuming I'll have checked in online), or with an e-ticket (if online check-in didn't work). Anyone have experience? Know?
Thanks!
AC uses a contract lounge at GRU T2 (which you can access if flying AC C or are a *G). The UA lounge is in T1.

However, you may need a lounge invite (given at the check-in counter, which will probably not be open until 2-3 hours before the departure time).
Old Jun 6, 2009, 9:33 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by jpyvr
Thanks!
You need to be checked in by Air Canada in GRU. AC GRU Checkin stamps an international sticker on your boarding pass, proof of international taxes having been collected by airline. Only with this sticker are you able to enter the international area and do the immigration process. This sticker is screened by officers to give you access to the international area, without it it's a no-no.

AC will probably open their positions 3-4 hours prior to the flight. Prior to that the landside lounges are AMEX, DINERS CLUB and Priority Pass. Hopefully you have cards that grant you access to one of these lounges, as there are no landside *A lounges, which you would be entitled travelling J with AC.

If you have time highly suggest you visit UA T1 airside lounge, it's really nice and easily accessible through the lounges floor, located in the second floor, past security/immigration. Both Terminals are linked through a sterile connector and you can use both international T1/T2 airside lounges.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks so much to all for the useful info. I knew I'd find the answer here at FlyerTalk. Cheers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.