Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Overview of Star Silver Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overview of Star Silver Status

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2013, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Welcome to FT!

If you have a US (Dividend Miles) account, then all miles will stay with US, meaning if DM and AAdvantage merge, all your miles will be in the merged OW account. It doesn't matter where you originally got the miles.
Old May 4, 2013, 9:25 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

I have updated the chart with the changes at Air Canadas Aeroplan Programm, added Avianca & Taca's Lifemiles Programm and made a few other minor changes.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by apex944
Curious as to what people think will happen to our *Alliance points balance after USAir/(AA) moves to OW? Some of my miles were accrued via other *Alliance carriers.
Likely nothing. If they were flown on *A and credited to US, they'll probably stay there. I can't envision US going and clawing back miles because they were flown on a *A carrier during which time US was a member.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:37 am

Programs: UA1k,AA Plat,HH Diamond
Hello Everyone!

I will be flying from CPH-OSL connecting onto a UA flight to EWR in late August. As a star silver in CPH will I be able to use business class check-in? I know as a silver I'm not "officially" allowed but eurobonus silver members appear to be entitled to the benefit, I'm just wondering if any other star silvers have had any luck trying.

Best,

Sdstudent
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by SDstudent
Hello Everyone!

I will be flying from CPH-OSL connecting onto a UA flight to EWR in late August. As a star silver in CPH will I be able to use business class check-in? I know as a silver I'm not "officially" allowed but eurobonus silver members appear to be entitled to the benefit, I'm just wondering if any other star silvers have had any luck trying.

Best,

Sdstudent

No. J class check-in is a *G benefit.

However, many *A carriers allow their own *S to check-in at the J check-in. For example, AC allows AC*S to use the J counters. UA is the most liberal about it though. All *A*S can use the Premier Access counters (along with those with cash to flash).
Old Dec 11, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I'm UA Silver and have no idea what the following means:

4 x 500 Mls Cert @ 10k Q on UA

would be converted to 500 mls if signed up in the past

Is that something from the past? If not, please shed light.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
If I understand correctly, being Star Silver does not grant you any free bag on Air Canada?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:23 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Minos
If I understand correctly, being Star Silver does not grant you any free bag on Air Canada?
It gets you 1 free bag on routes where you'd normally get none.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, HH, IHG
Unhappy *A Silver - Peanuts maybe?

Flying AC to LHR via DUB - UA just status matched my US Silver to UA Silver which is great (so I can keep benefits w/*A), but now realizing that on partner carriers (flying AC), *A Silver means absolutely nothing re check-in / bags / upgrades/ seats or priority boarding. Can someone confirm - anything I can look forward to? Oh, btw, seems same with the EI code share DUBLHR...
Old May 8, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MM
Unhappy UA 1K - *G - Lufthansa Seating

I am scheduled to return from LHR to SFO via FRA on LH. I called LH and asked for a seat assignment and they told me that I can't have one because they now charge for special seating. I informed them about the fact that I am *G and was told there is no special benefit for that. I am appalled by that - how can Star even call itself an alliance?

Seriously if you fly a * carrier and are not ticketed on a 016 ticket then it doesn't count towards PQDs on UA. And now there are no benefits in terms of seat assignments either.

I think these alliances are slowly but surely becoming worthless.
Old May 9, 2014, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
*A has been about reducing competition. You get lounge access, miles, extra bag, priority on standby. Nothing else has ever been promised, and if it was offered, it was a gratuity at best.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by hydrogen
No. J class check-in is a *G benefit.

... All *A*S can use the Premier Access counters (along with those with cash to flash).
Is this still the case? Does it show Premier Access on the boarding pass?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
I note a problem with both the Gold and Silver charts in that the qual and requal for NZ*S and NZ*G both refer to Aus residents as having a lower status credit requirement, which is not the case. The status credit requirement for AUS and NZL are the same.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: United, Aegean
Not sure if this is the right spot for it, but I didn't travel much last year so got bumped *S from *G. I am about to do a mammoth trip with lots of layovers and I am wondering about getting a priority pass for lounge access. Is there anywhere a list of *S lounges somewhere?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by byrnesyliam
Not sure if this is the right spot for it, but I didn't travel much last year so got bumped *S from *G. I am about to do a mammoth trip with lots of layovers and I am wondering about getting a priority pass for lounge access. Is there anywhere a list of *S lounges somewhere?
This is a bit of a dead thread.

No such thing as *S lounges I'm afraid, some programs (e.g. LH) allow their *S into some business lounges that are directly owned and operated. However no access for other *S.

You're probably SOL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.