Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Is there a lounge for arriving NZ/*A pax at AKL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2008, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.

I realize that arrival lounges are not as common as I'd like them to be, but I really could have used one at AKL this morning, and there was no way (that I could think of) to access one.

Old Apr 8, 2008, 5:35 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No, unless you have a same day onward domestic flight on NZ, in which case *G can use the domestic koru club.

That said, despite the rules I have successfully used the NZ domestic lounge when arriving as NZ business class pax, in order to use the shower. But it is possible those exceptions were thanks to my top NZ status (and the lounge bouncers knowing me).
Old Apr 8, 2008, 6:14 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
I've got an upcoming connection, international to domestic at AKL and would really like to get a shower before my connecting flight at the domestic lounge. Any idea of how long of a wait there is for the showers? I'll be at the domestic lounge probably about noon.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 6:35 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The only times I see a queue for showers in domestic lounge is first thing (connecting pax from LHR, LAX, SFO, APW, and PER) and again mid morning (connecting pax from LHR, HKG, NRT, KIX and PVG).

Although there is only 2 showers I'd be surprised if you have to wait at noon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.