Going thru DXB on Saturday / Sunday -
how is the *G Lounge there?
Does anybody know the opening hours?

Thx,
August

Last edited by August 1328; Nov 23, 2005 at 7:29 am
Old Nov 24, 2005, 12:54 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott LTP
I believe the *G lounge in Dubai is a Lufthansa lounge. If I remember correctly, *G members can actually use the 1st class section instead of the business section. It wasn't anything spectacular like the SQ lounge in Singapore, but it's definately a lot nicer than most domestic Red Carpet Clubs. I'm not sure what the hours are.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 4:42 am

It is the usual incredibly drab style of Lufthansa, although it is a *A lounge, not LH's own.

Very short of space in both sections (F/J)... grab a seat whilst you can. No food, just peanuts etc which have been touched by millions. Staff are nice tho.

If you have any other options then use them... it really isn't very pleasant.

Once option could be to use the Marhaba lounge opposite. You can turn up at the door and just pay the US$17 fee.
http://www.marhabaservices.com/Lounge.asp
Old Nov 24, 2005, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by DarrenT
...No food, just peanuts etc which have been touched by millions...
When I was last there in mid summer, they had a decent selection of hot foods to choose from. Maybe things have changed since?
Old Nov 25, 2005, 2:27 am

I have been through many times... when the lounge is full and empty, and I have NEVER seen any food in the *A lounge. There doesn't seem like there would be anywhere to put it. All you get in the First section is a bit of cheese and crackers... thats all I have ever seen there.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Cheese, crackers, cookies, drinks and newspapers on both sides of the house when I have been there. Very small though and certainly nothing to write home about. Go during a busy time (e.g. a time when two or more flights are departing together) and get ready to be cozy.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by kryshakm
I believe the *G lounge in Dubai is a Lufthansa lounge. If I remember correctly, *G members can actually use the 1st class section instead of the business section. It wasn't anything spectacular like the SQ lounge in Singapore, but it's definately a lot nicer than most domestic Red Carpet Clubs. I'm not sure what the hours are.
I would assume 24 hours. There are *A flights departing throughout the day. Austrian, Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines and Thai all fly to/from Dubai.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 1:28 am

There is quite a difference in terms of the food offerings depending on which airline departs next - meaning that after LH nightflight to FRA leaves and before the late night flight of SQ to CAI / IST more food is being brought out - sandwiches and fresh fruit platters and similar.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Nov 26, 2005, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by tcswede
There is quite a difference in terms of the food offerings depending on which airline departs next - meaning that after LH nightflight to FRA leaves and before the late night flight of SQ to CAI / IST more food is being brought out - sandwiches and fresh fruit platters and similar.
Translation:
LH = poverty
SQ = paradise?
Old Nov 26, 2005, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I've used it several times and it's always been crowded with little to offer. On my last few trips through DXB I didn't bother and just went to the gate instead.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Translation:
LH = poverty
SQ = paradise?

Most likely

Then again for the times that I have used the lounge for the SQ flights - thre have seldom been more than 5 or max 10 Pax in both parts of the lounge together - meaning less expense for SQ than for LH where the flight normally goes out full in C and F - hence the lounge being overcrowded. Economies of scale I guess...

Cheers

Thomas
Old Oct 14, 2009, 1:14 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
The*Alliance Gold/ F Lounge in Dubai for LH is a disgrace compared to other lounges. No hot food, no table to eat, no relaxation area, no ceiling so you are in the middle of the hall. I really do not understand why LH does not have a better lounge in Dubai - or even better service for their First Class passengers. Time to review this situation as it makes you want to fly Emirates from Dubai.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TG Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
the LH managed *A lounge in DXB is an old one. nothing has changed there since i was first there in 2003. Friendly staff, so so Wifi and semi-decent food/drinks collection.

I think the main problem is space. Specially you don't want to be in the lounge close to when the UA flights departs - which is around the same time as TG departs.

when the lounge is empty.. then it's a good place to hang out.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 1:40 pm

the swiss First class lounge is much much better then the LH lounge - and if you have a mastercard platinum you have free access to the Merhaba lounge!
Old Oct 26, 2009, 11:27 am

Programs: UA Gold + 1MM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by RWY02KTM
the LH managed *A lounge in DXB is an old one. nothing has changed there since i was first there in 2003. Friendly staff, so so Wifi and semi-decent food/drinks collection.

I think the main problem is space. Specially you don't want to be in the lounge close to when the UA flights departs - which is around the same time as TG departs.

when the lounge is empty.. then it's a good place to hang out.
1st time to DXB and I am flying UA. So I guess cramped quarters it is. Is LH the only *A lounge available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.