Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

which info is visible of your FF number?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:04 am
Original Poster

My son will fly next week. He is 17 (but looks older). He has star alliance gold status and wants to use the lounge in Munich. Ive read that minors (18 and under) are sometimes not allowed into lounges due to age restrictions. Would the the desk clerk be able to see the age of my son in her screen ? What data can be seen the staff when they swipe your card ?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH in Munich has no age restrictions who can use their lounge(s). The restrictions are usually in countries that have strict(er) liquor licence laws.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

In theory access is tied to both a FF card and a ticket. The ticket has passenger data, including DOB in it. Doesn't mean that pops up on the screen or that anyone cares, but the data is likely available.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
They won't care. Legal drinking age in Germany is 16 for beer/wine.
If the boardingpass indicates *G status the LH loungedragon won't even ask for your Gold card in general
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:06 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
I think I can perfectly answer the question. I'm his exact age, and flew LH pretty recently through Frankfurt. Had access to the really nice Senator lounge and didn't need to show my *G card, mobile boarding pass on my phone was enough. In fact, as long as he acts mature, he should be fine in 99% of lounges. I've never had any problems with UA, AC, LH, SQ, OZ, or TG lounges.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by sbm12
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

In theory access is tied to both a FF card and a ticket. The ticket has passenger data, including DOB in it. Doesn't mean that pops up on the screen or that anyone cares, but the data is likely available.
Thankfully German data protection laws prevent a service agent guarding entry to lounges to access that data. All they can/will do is verify access eligibility by scanning the BP and if that is not enough, swiping/scanning the *G card.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the information!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Only place I could imagine giving you trouble is UA, where some lounge dragons believe mistakenly that you have to be 21 to enter the UC (the rule is you have to be 21 to buy a UC membership, there is no such restriction on *G).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.