Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Lax- India advice with miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2017, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP

There's really no easy way to do this on miles!

I have two options:

1) Asiana lax-icn-del in F and C. 140k miles each. 1230am departure with a 7 hour connection in icn

2) UA lax-nrt. Paid ticket for $550 each with confirmable gpu. Onernight, then ANA to Mumbai for 65k miles in C. Ideal would be if Nrt-del opens up, which leaves in afternoon, allowing to avoid overnight.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Assuming you need two tickets:

1) If miles are not too important OZ F is a sweet ride, and you get the OZ F lounge access on the transfer. Small decent lounge but no slumber rooms IIRC. ICN is an ok airport to kill some time. OZ regional C is nothing special for 6+ hours. If you are UA 1K you can always book this and try to improve it without fees.

2) UA in C for $550 + GPU is good VFM. Earns some PQM/RDM/BIS miles. NH J seats on the 787 are much better than OZ C for 8+ hours. For $1100, an inexpensive NRT hotel room, and the hassle of an overnight; you save 150,000 UA miles.

Close call: but I might book 2) and hope NRT-DEL opens up, but you might have an issue interlining checked baggage on separate tickets. YMMV.

SL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.