Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

EVA vs Austrian vs Turkish in business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2017, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Somewhat strange selection, but these are the options from Asia (DPS) to US.

Austrian/Turkish entail a short hop on Thai to BKK, quick transit, overnight flight to Europe with a stopover in VIE/IST, then on to US.

EVA stops over in Taipei (overnight), then on to US (and a short flight in Y in US).

I flew EVA in J once, not Turkish/Austrian. Reviews look good for all. What would you pick?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:13 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
My ranking would be: OS > BR > TK. Both OS and BR have single seating in J.

Personally I would avoid IST as a transfer point. The advantage of the stopover in IST is the TK lounge is excellent.

If you can enter the US at your destination that is the highly preferred option.

SL
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Sounds like OS then I am kinda leaning that way too.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If you're even slightly tall, then for sleeping I'd say TK > BR > OS
For food, probably OS > TK > BR

I'd choose TK - best sleep, very good food, IST lounge experience.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

I am definitely not tall, and fit pretty well in any lie-flat seat. Food, on the other hand, is important (but IST lounge is something I am also interested in).
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: Miles and More
"For food, probably OS!" Agree, anyway the best business ans especially service. There will be a chef in the airplane. The best food, best coffee, best service.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

I got both TK and OS on one reservation (and also TG) As long as I make one 55 minute connection - should be interesting.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Don't eat before your Austrian flight, assuming it's a transatlantic one. You'll want to be hungry and with an empty stomach before the 1.5 hour lunch extravaganza begins. The quantity and selection of food and drink is borderline ridiculous.

Here's a review. Not the many ANDs on the menu. Since the chef is on board, you can mix and match the entrees and sides, no need to go off of the fixed menu.

http://heelsfirsttravel.boardingarea...usiness-class/
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

TK seems to lean pretty heavily on food too, and then I have some time for IST TK lounge before moving on to OS But will make sure to keep some space for more food
Old Feb 27, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: BRK-B
Br >> os > tk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.