Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Help Needed YYZ - FNC Star Alliance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2016, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan, amex mr, avios

Hello All,

I am trying to maximize miles with Aeroplan in the route YYZ - FNC (Oct 17)
Two adults and one infant (10 months ) by that time
As most of you know Air Canada, TAP and Lufthansa have hefty carrier surcharges. Availability for Brussels or Swiss is very limited on Aeroplan website.

I have used in the past SATA (YYZ- LIS - FNC) or (YYZ- PDL- FNC). However, by using this choice I am burning my Amex MR at a rate of .10 which is not the most efficient one. However, the carrier surcharge was almost as the cost of the route with SATA

Since we are travelling with a baby, we'll be looking at business class or premium economy.

Any tricks/tips will be highly appreciated !!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:52 am

Considering how cheap business class tickets on SATA are, and considering that it appears to be the most convenient route with only one stop, I would just buy the tickets outright and not bother with a redemption.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan, amex mr, avios
that has been my approach so far !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.