Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*A points upgrade B to J?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2016, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

*A points upgrade B to J?

I just booked a round trip ticket which includes a segment on ANA from NRT-PVG in Economy (B) (ANA 921 on Sunday, October 9). I think that should allow me to use points to upgrade, but when I try to do this using the online link, it recognizes my ticket and the number of points, but says that "Upgrade not available for this flight". Trying to book a paid ticket, it shows many J seats available (though pretty pricy!!!).

I have never used this option before, but would be more than happy to pay the points!

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
Old Aug 20, 2016, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by painintheuk
I just booked a round trip ticket which includes a segment on ANA from NRT-PVG in Economy (B) (ANA 921 on Sunday, October 9). I think that should allow me to use points to upgrade, but when I try to do this using the online link, it recognizes my ticket and the number of points, but says that "Upgrade not available for this flight". Trying to book a paid ticket, it shows many J seats available (though pretty pricy!!!).
The *A upgrade books into award inventory (I). The message you're receiving suggests there is currently no such inventory. You can keep trying in the hope that it opens. You can also check the ANA website for award inventory.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
The *A upgrade books into award inventory (I). The message you're receiving suggests there is currently no such inventory. You can keep trying in the hope that it opens. You can also check the ANA website for award inventory.
Thanks for the (incredibly) quick reply Kacee! I think that checking the upgrade link should give the same result as looking for I, so I will keep checking!!

Thanks

Dr. PITUK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.