Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

I'd appreciate any sort of help. - Trip from Cairo to MSP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2016, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Hey, Im currently in Cai (Cairo) and will be going back home to MPS (Minneapolis)

this will be a roundtrip, from June 7 2016 to around october 15-19 2016..
i want to go to stockholm and stay there for atleast 20-30 days right before i fly back to cairo..

I've tried to multi city options, and ive tried using google matrix. i think this will be over 15,000 miles and i want to get accredited for them all.

which airline should i stick to? and what frequent flyer program?
what are flight codes i should avoid, to get my miles counted?
and why is the flight so expensive, (Im aiming for 1500usd max).. is it because i cant have a budget flight and miles rewarded together?

and finally, is Sweden out of the flight route? should i perhaps stop at another city and go to sweden and then come back to continue my trip?
Old May 2, 2016, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Some reasons it is likely more expensive than you want:
1) Longer than 90 days, a common limit for cheaper fares
2) Stockholm is unlikely to be on a normal routing for MSP-CAI so you're paying for three one-way fares pushed together.
2a) Not a lot of good options for airlines serving all three markets so it becomes a mix-and-match sort of thing which further drives prices up.

Focus on getting a decent fare more than worrying about the miles.
Old May 2, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
Focus on getting a decent fare more than worrying about the miles.
Yup. After you get a good fare check out www.wheretocredit.com...and welcome to Flyertalk ^
Old May 2, 2016, 10:23 pm

One Ways (and CAI-ARN-MSP-CAI most likely will price out as three OWs as mentioned before) are expensive.
You could try the following: Look fir CAI-ARN-CAI return and a ARN-MSP-ARN return. Leave enough time at ARN since you will not be protected if your CAI-ARN is late.

Or look at a CAI-MSP-ARN open jaw and book a OW ARN-CAI as a separate ticket.

Google flights is fairly good to search for fares.

Also don't put too much value into the miles. The cheap booking classes typically don't earn much, miles could expire and some airlines charge huge fees when you try to redeem. Just book whatever is best independent from the mile earning.
Old May 8, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Try Air Canada.

They have faires that can be routed via CPH or LON (ex CAI with MS or TK). One Stopover is allowed for a fee of USD 100.-. Cheapest fare, without any taxes and fuel surcharges:

Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Fare Information Search:

Fare Basis  Airline  Booking  Trip Type   Fare           Cabin  Effective  Expiration  Min/Max  Advanced
                     Class                                      Date       Date        Stay     Purchase Req
KLRCEGW     AC       K        Round-Trip  291.00 (USD)   E      11/08/15   15/06/16    06 / 12M
From CPH or LON you could buy another ticket for the sidetrip (i.ex. on low cost airlines).

I suggest to contact a travel agent in Egypt. Fares from Egypt are cheap, cheaper than to split fares in Europe...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.