Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Post Miles on MileagePlus or Eva Evergreen?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Miles on MileagePlus or Eva Evergreen?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Post Miles on MileagePlus or Eva Infinity MileageLands?

Is it better for me to post miles to United Mileage Plus account or Eva Infinity MileageLands (Evergreen) mileage account?

I now fly mostly from Taiwan and frequently fly Eva. I try to fly Star Alliance partner airlines when flying in Asia about 20 trips per year or to Europe about 5 trips per year. I always post miles to United MileagePlus account and not other airline accounts regardless of which Star Alliance partner I am flying.

I have Star Alliance current balance of 210,000 and lifetime 570,000.

One of my friends who flies almost the same schedule and amount as me posts their miles to Eva Evergreen account and seems to get more benefits locally in Taiwan and Asia for example Silver line when checking in and a pass to the lounge.

Last edited by sunsandsurf; Jul 27, 2015 at 10:19 am
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Sounds like you're not.flying on United at all? That unfortunately restricts you from making any Premier status level regardless of your annual mileage.

I also probably wouldn't join Eva' program as it's not very good, assuming you're getting 50k miles a year, which sounds like you are.

Personally I'd seek out a program that doesn't have a minimum mileage or segment requirement for earning status. A3 & TK are just 2 examples. You'll end up earning a status that gives you Star Alliance Gold status, which also gives you lounge access, business class check-in and boarding, and extra luggage allowance.

Carefully check earning ratios for your typically fare classes and how much mileage tickets cost to places you're interested in. Also look at how easy or difficult it is to redeem your mileage tickets, online booking is obviously best (TK is notoriously difficult because they still require you to visit a ticket office). At the end of the day, not very many carriers give their own Gold (or equivalent) members much, if any more benefits than Star Gold from another partner, so you might as well go with a program that maximizes your overall experience.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Thank you dvs7310. You've cleared up my confusion and put me on to new ideas.

I rarely fly United these days and frequently fly Eva. Looks like my benefits will accrue most with Eva and will become useful the easiest and quickest.

Last edited by sunsandsurf; Jul 28, 2015 at 10:31 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.