Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

The Worst * Alliance Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Worst * Alliance Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
I wouldn't say it's the worse but it's poorly maintained.
It's probably not the worst if you take into consideration the small satellite or contract lounges. However, it certainly one of the worst, if not the worst, for a major *A hub airport.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
It's probably not the worst if you take into consideration the small satellite or contract lounges. However, it certainly one of the worst, if not the worst, for a major *A hub airport.
Sorry...not even close to the dingy UA lounges at IAD or EWR....

Or the already mentioned AV SAL or CM PTY lounges, also hubs.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
I think you've been spoiled with UA's HKG lounge because that lounge doesn't feel like United.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
The UA lounges in IAD are the worst I've come across, followed by any of the other UA lounges in North America.
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Sorry...not even close to the dingy UA lounges at IAD or EWR....
Try to use any NH domestic lounges no matter ITM, CTS, OKA, then you will find all UA lounges in the US are heaven. Many people are used to NH lounges' superb offering in NRT and HND, but they have no idea how dismal are their domestic lounges.

Rice cracker is the only food option, even drinks are minimal.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jul 14, 2015 at 10:41 pm
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:10 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by drvannostren
I heard the lounge in...either Delhi or Mumbai was brutal, can't remember and can't say I've ever been.
Mumbai doesn't have a *A lounge but the new(ish) GVK lounge in T2 is very decent.

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Try to use any NH domestic lounges no matter ITM, CTS, OKA, then you will find all UA lounges in the US are heaven. Many people are used to NH lounges' superb offering in NRT and HND, but they have no idea how dismal are their domestic lounges.

+1
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
I wouldn't say it's the worse but it's poorly maintained.

The Lounge dragons truly don't care and gives me attitude all the time!
Beds are never made in the sleeping room (I'd never use it!) , Bathroom always smells like s* , the cleaning maids are always on WeChat, The internet is up & down, the Chinese food offered is worse than Chinese food in TX, the lounge is super hot in the mornings, always overcrowded (in J), and etc.
I always used the CA F PEK T3 lounge as *G so far and was pretty happy.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:28 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
At least you have rice crackers and water

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I always used the CA F PEK T3 lounge as *G so far and was pretty happy.
F lounge is better maintained compared to the J lounge because less people use it however it's still poorly maintained.

My complaints previously still follow for the F lounge just not as bad as the J lounge.

The food at Panda Express in the U.S. still tastes better than what's offered in both of those lounges.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 2:20 am

Most UA lounges in the US. More of than not I do not even bother going. No real food, poor selection of drinks - or you have to order (and "pay") at the bar - and ambience is just terrible
Old Jul 17, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
On *A-branded lounges, I have had quite few real disappointments. The old ET cloud nine lounge can get really busy and not so welcoming, but, barring that, I haven't had the "occasion" to visit any of the frequently nominated laureates here (UA and AI domestic and so on)

Besides, it's a contract lounge, but I have a dismal memory of the contract lounge at TGD - a small room with nothing but armchairs with plastic cushions that were both incomfortable and very hot, coming with the right to order *one* drink at the nearby cafeteria (which looked better !). We had to leave after 20 minutes as we couldn't stand the heat.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by rankourabu
TG in Dhaka
CM in PTY, sad excuse for a hub
LH in DXB because of the crowds
AV in SAL
Any UA domestic

Some other pitiful contract lounges around the world, but that's another thread
I'm sure I've been to far less lounges than you, I kinda like the CM lounge, it's a hub, but being an all narrow body airline, I think the lounge being a bit low rent fits. I don't love it, but I like the desk area, they need a bigger bar though. Even when there's 2 bartenders people sitting there really get in the way.

AV in SAL sucked when I was there, it was like a lame hotel banquet room, the food/drinks were fine, but the seating/PCs/wifi/bathrooms were all pretty lame, I think it was under construction though, I may be able to report back in Nov, though my connection is like 30 mins (which it seems all AV-AV connections at SAL are, maybe they just don't want anyone going in there!)

I don't hate all the UA lounges, they are lame though, one that I've used twice this month is the IAH in A terminal. It's fine, the food is actually much better than the usual UA Clubs, there's actual food not just mini bagels/cheese packages. The bar and seating is nice...but no bathroom...come on! The bathroom closest is rather small too, so much for taking those private lounge poops.

Didn't get a chance to check out the OZ lounge at GMP, but based on the rest of the airport, I would imagine it sucks. The whole airport had a very NORTH Korea feel to it.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 2:46 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by dvs7310
The ET Cloud 9 lounges in ADD are about as bad as it gets. Bad lighting, unusable wifi, far too little seating, very few power outlets, dismal food selection, etc. I suppose some contract lounges are worse but I haven't found one yet (even in Africa) , certainty no carrier operated lounge could be.
+1

on the other side the Cloud 9 lounge in the old terminal it is no better but it is almost empty. The last time I flew ex ADD with QR I was the only one there.

As others have mentioned here, CM in PTY is a joke considering it is their hub.

Cairo lounges are also quite bad and very often it is difficult to find a seat.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
The ET Cloud 9 lounges in ADD are about as bad as it gets. Bad lighting, unusable wifi, far too little seating, very few power outlets, dismal food selection, etc. I suppose some contract lounges are worse but I haven't found one yet (even in Africa) , certainty no carrier operated lounge could be.
I thought of this thread when I transited ADD today for the first time.
I was going to post from there, but tge wifi was unusable.
Even tho the II lounge, was better than #1.... I will now put it at the bottom of my hub lounge list.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 11:57 pm

Programs: Lots
+1. The domestic Cloud 9 was especially depressing, and kind of grungy. The old one in the main terminal wasn't as bad but would still rank right down there.

They have a new lounge which may be nicer but I was flying TK and didn't have access as it's for ET passengers only.

But, there was a (cold) fridge with a never ending supply of St. George so I suppose it could have been worse.

And wow, today seems to be the day for people to pick on the Cloud 9 lounges!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:40 am

Programs: BRK-B
SilverKris Gold lounge at SIN, no toilet and shower.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Noppasit
SilverKris Gold lounge at SIN, no toilet and shower.
There is no such lounge called Silver Kris gold lounge exist, it is either KrisFlyer gold lounge or SilverKris lounge !

The one you are talking about is KrisFlyer gold lounge, but despite there is no toilet and shower is quite inconvenient, it hardly qualify as one of the worst *A lounges, as there are so many lounges around the world have no toilet and shower, e.g. before SKL did the 2nd remodeling in.HKG, there were no shower and toilet too, but it was way better than many HKG lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.