Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Getting to a US Gateway for Circle Pacific - How would one ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2015, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

If I need to get to/from LAX/SFO/SEA to start and end a Circle Pacific ticket, how would the travel agents (e.g. AMEX Corp) usually issue the ticket?

Say one lives in DEN and is a United flyer, do they usually write 2 tickets - one for DEN-LAX-DEN on UA and one for the circle?

My primary curiosity is how it will work with change fees for the domestic US leg (the Circle fare itself seems pretty flexible with date changes).

Also, in this case, if the first leg out of LAX for the circle is not on UA, whose ticket would the trip be issued on?

Thanks.
Old May 14, 2015, 10:20 am

You will need two separate tickets as the CP has different rules, including baggage for your convenience. Usually the carrier issuing the ticket will be the one doing the first leg out of US doing the pacific crossing.
Old May 15, 2015, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ac777
You will need two separate tickets as the CP has different rules, including baggage for your convenience. Usually the carrier issuing the ticket will be the one doing the first leg out of US doing the pacific crossing.
Thanks. I guess in that case, for a C ticket, it would be better to have UA be the first and ticketing carrier so the $ based miles will max out at 75,000 rather than the mile based (which at 150% would be 35K-ish)?
Old May 15, 2015, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by username
If I need to get to/from LAX/SFO/SEA to start and end a Circle Pacific ticket, how would the travel agents (e.g. AMEX Corp) usually issue the ticket?

Say one lives in DEN and is a United flyer, do they usually write 2 tickets - one for DEN-LAX-DEN on UA and one for the circle?

My primary curiosity is how it will work with change fees for the domestic US leg (the Circle fare itself seems pretty flexible with date changes).

Also, in this case, if the first leg out of LAX for the circle is not on UA, whose ticket would the trip be issued on?

Thanks.
In case it helps, the circle pacific fare is much cheaper out of Canada than the U.S.

U.S. Price is over $10k. Canada price is $6,500 (before taxes).

If you are able to start in hkg or Icn, it goes down another $1000.
Old May 16, 2015, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zrs70
In case it helps, the circle pacific fare is much cheaper out of Canada than the U.S.

U.S. Price is over $10k. Canada price is $6,500 (before taxes).

If you are able to start in hkg or Icn, it goes down another $1000.
Wow, yeah, it priced out to be like $7000 with taxes. That is wild. Thanks. Hopefully the corporate TA (AMEX) can do it.

I guess this is a function of the exchange rate and an already lower pricing?

The downside is if I go back to the US (YVR-SFO then Asia) to get UA ticket (and pick up BR), it will exceed 22,000 miles. I guess AC's C class is half way decent? (BR uses 747 out of YVR which does not have the latest C product.)

Thanks.

Last edited by username; May 16, 2015 at 7:17 pm
Old May 16, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Yes, you are correct - avoid the BR YVR-TPE since it is slopey seats.

AC's J ( other than the YVR-HKG flight) is just a touch below new BR in hard product,
and well superior to UA. Unless you are under 5'8", i recommend you stay away
from the AC YVR-HKG flight, since it is the high density version, with coffin C seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.