MUC lounge for P fare?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
MUC lounge for P fare?

MUC-Iah flight on Sunday morning.

Would it be just the LH Senator lounge or would there be other *A lounges to look for?
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by wco81

Would it be just the LH Senator lounge or would there be other *A lounges to look for?
LH Senator lounges are for *G and *A F. LH Business lounges are for *A C/J passengers.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)

You might find this tool handy: Star Alliance Lounge Finder. It's not always 100% accurate (but is in this case).

How are you going to get into the SEN lounge? Are you *G? Business class ticket = LH Business lounge unless *G.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:27 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
You might find this tool handy: Star Alliance Lounge Finder. It's not always 100% accurate (but is in this case).

How are you going to get into the SEN lounge? Are you *G? Business class ticket = LH Business lounge unless *G.
Yes UA Gold.

LH has Business lounges? I think I saw LH First lounges when I arrived.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 12:28 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Yes UA Gold.

LH has Business lounges? I think I saw LH First lounges when I arrived.
At most airports in Germany LH has separate SEN and Business lounges. First Class lounges are only in FRA and MUC.

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Lounges

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Apr 12, 2015 at 10:14 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 10, 2015, 12:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

So would a UA business class ticket get me into LH Business or First Class lounge?
Old Apr 10, 2015, 12:47 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
So would a UA business class ticket get me into LH Business or First Class lounge?
The business class ticket gets you into the LH Business lounge. Your UA *G card gets you into the (superior) LH Senator lounge but neither gets you into the LH First class lounge.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 12:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks.

Seems counterintuitive that you could get into Senator on Economy fare as long as you are *G but Business Class fare gets you into inferior LH Business lounge?
Old Apr 10, 2015, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I agree. It should be the other way around.

SQ lounges at SIN is an example. The SilverKris lounge for C/J pax on SQ and *A partners are much better than the KrisFlyer Gold lounge for *A Gold pax in Y.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 5:09 am

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Rewards Diamond Amb, Radisson Gold
Strongly disagree. You need to reward your loyal customers, not those who bought cheapest/most convenient/last minute business class tickets.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 5:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Well, LH FTL (LH*S) get in the business lounge when travelling in Y @:-)

View Screen Capture
Old Apr 12, 2015, 3:58 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Uglook
Strongly disagree. You need to reward your loyal customers, not those who bought cheapest/most convenient/last minute business class tickets.
So people coming with a UA or A3 gold card are loyal customers ? Seeing how easily status can be earned with certain programs I doubt so. LH should urgently protect its SEN lounges. SQ in SIN is the good example how to handle it.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by behuman
So people coming with a UA or A3 gold card are loyal customers ? Seeing how easily status can be earned with certain programs I doubt so. LH should urgently protect its SEN lounges. SQ in SIN is the good example how to handle it.
Disagree. *A should impose minimum *G qualification standards on its member airlines, not reduce *G benefits. It diminishes the alliance if benefits are reduced (and encourages people to switch to OW, which has better lounge access benefits).

And btw, I would not put UA in the category of programs where it's "easy" to acquire *G. It's toward the harder end of the scale. (With LH at the very far end.)
Old Apr 12, 2015, 2:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Well didn't have time for lounge. They make you go through security twice, within 10 minutes of each check.

They made me turn on my camera twice, pull out the iPad.

Then they made me take out the lens to look through it.

They claim it's because of Homeland Security but not sure if they meant USA HS.

Don't recall this going through FRA.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:30 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Well didn't have time for lounge. They make you go through security twice, within 10 minutes of each check.

They made me turn on my camera twice, pull out the iPad.

Then they made me take out the lens to look through it.

They claim it's because of Homeland Security but not sure if they meant USA HS.

Don't recall this going through FRA.
Where did you arrive from? It shouldn't have been necessary to go through security twice unless there was a further spot check for US departures. Yes, the US HS insists on additional random spot checks for passengers flying to US destinations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.