Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

*A in premium economy CPH - PER?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite

Might have to go (from CPH) to Perth, Australia on a business trip. Don't think employer will like C prices. Any ideas for options in premium economy other than TG which appears more expensive than proper C options outside *A (e.g. EK) and extremely long layovers in BKK (17hrs). Many thanks
Old Mar 21, 2015, 1:17 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
*A that flies into Perth are NZ, SA, TG, SQ. NZ we'll say is out of the question as no reason to fly that much and backtrack.
I'm can't recall but is SA cutting JNB-PER this year? If not you could always get on LH PE down to JNB and then regular Y on the flight to PER? If not I would say to look at SQ but you'd probably have to make a connection in EU from CPH?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:44 am

Programs: LH HON

JNB is still quite a detour so I would either go with ME3 or TG/SQ
Old Mar 21, 2015, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite
Thanks both of you. SQ flies cph/sin but as far as I can see no PE on that route. Same for SIN/PER. TG in PE is more expensive than C options on other airlines. Thanks
Old Mar 21, 2015, 4:22 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Does Thai still even have PE? I thought it was just on their old A340-500 that went direct to the states?

You have to google this page I don't think it's even able to be clicked through on the TG website. http://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/exp...m_economy.page
Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:11 am

Programs: HHon Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TG Gold, QR Plat, OZ Gold, AF Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Priority Pass

I tHink TG gives you C seats on that route in PE. In which case that could be the better reason for TG?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:26 pm

I think going there with EK is best option. Economy is fine, flight time is probably best. C is not very expensive (as is on SQ).
I flew MEL with some other Asia connections and was disappointed about mileage credit on TG. Besides, the LH leg from BKK to FRA was one of the worst experience (very old B744 with CRT screens above corridors).
Going around (e.g. JNB) just because of miles is not really a smart idea, personal opinion.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:58 am

Did PER-SIN-CPH a few months back in economy - and with the right seats and timing (I believe SQ has 5 daily PER-SIN flights) is was actually not bad at all. The PER-SIN is relatively short - and SIN-CPH is a night flight. Certainly beat the crap out of many EU-US west coast flights I have endured. I you can not get C - I would go SQ all the way.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I agree. If you will not pay for TG Prem. Economy (CPH-BKK you will get a C seat but Y service on the B77W and for BKK-PER you will be seated in C class on B788) SQ is the way to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.