Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Will *A lounges accept the UA *G card from the app?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will *A lounges accept the UA *G card from the app?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by docbert
I've been in the FRA lounges about 6 times in the past 3 months, and have not needed a card on any occasion.
I haven't been there since December, so I guess it is back to the new normal. Maybe my protests had some effect. I guess the sign on the desk (from UA) about the card requirement in the Z gate lounge is no longer there? It was in November and December.

These anecdotes might depend on the class of service flown. With ANA I have always used a business boarding pass to enter (often from UA) but there is no need for *G in that case. However, with ANA domestic economy, they have asked for a card. Of course with LH (and Swiss and SK) the *G is important because they have better lounges for *G.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
As this thread shows, experiences are not 100% consistent, even at the same lounges. The takeaway is you should always carry your physical card (unless, that is, you want to be one of the people with a story about being turned away for lack of card).
But there is clear evidence that today it is possible for any lounge agent to enter a FF number from a * carrier into their computer and positively identify status. That may not have been the case 5 years ago.

p.s. Swiss was also demanding at ZRH in recent years after their parent (LH) stopped, and they have some ornery gatekeepers. Seems to be a lot of shady characters trying to scam their way in at ZRH and there is always a queue and an argument going on. I can't remember about my most recent trip where I was both in GVA and ZRH. I actually think I might have shown the app in one of the locations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.