Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

What do I do with my BR miles now that I have LH ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2015, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: CI Paragon, AF Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Shangri-La Jade

I realize this might seem like a dumb question, but I'm really looking for some good suggestions here.

I do a lot of business travel on Skyteam routes. Only recently have I had the need to go on routes where Star Alliance offered better options (LH, UA), and it made sense at the time to jump on a LH membership to maximize the miles, forgetting the fact that I had a BR with some miles on them.

I've only taken a few BR flights in the past, and do not foresee doing any in the near future. There's only 15k miles on the account. I didn't think it was possible, but is there a way I can transfer or combine with my LH miles?

Open to other suggestions. Much appreciated.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC, CXAM
It probably isn't possible to transfer from BR to LH. I guess the only way to *transfer* them is by spending them on award tickets.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Nope... and don't think that you always have to use the FFP of the airline itself, especially not if you fly business. In general it doesn't make much sense to use different FFP's if you don't fly often. Better to get a few less miles but being able to use them.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Just use them on a short haul flight, maybe UA they have minimal surcharges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.