Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Policy - OneWorld flight on *A ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G (EBD)

I will be flying a very convoluted run in Feb:

CPH-FRA-YUL-FLL: with SK CPH-FRA and AC FRA-YUL-FLL

the route home is:

FLL-CLT with US and CLT-MUC-CPH with LH. (no stopovers, just lots of legs...)

My question is how I will be received at check-in at FLL? Will US honor my *g status since the majority of the trip is *A (and the inbound flights were all *A) or will I get stuffed having to pay for bags and all the rest since US is (now) OneWorld?

I have been scouring the web to find the rules for mixed alliance flights, to no avail...

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:19 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
The baggage allowance will be the same as the longhaul segment and should be listed on your ticket.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the fast reply!

That is kind of what I am worried about... I should get two bags because of *g, but all the info says 1 bag. So will they understand that I get an extra bag due to status, even though it says one piece on the paper?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
US has no obligation to recognize your *A status. Expect to pay for a second bag on check-in at FLL.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:51 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by JR67
Thanks for the fast reply!

That is kind of what I am worried about... I should get two bags because of *g, but all the info says 1 bag. So will they understand that I get an extra bag due to status, even though it says one piece on the paper?
Your ticketed allowance applies for your trip. Extra baggage due to status applies for the airline(s) which recognise that status.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the answers! That was what I expected to hear... Would have been better with the OW leg in the middle.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 9:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
And welcome to FT, JR67!
Old Nov 12, 2014, 5:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
US/AA feed LH longhauls departing from CLT & MIA, and they are set up to recognise your status and check the luggage thru. Especially US still will attach priority luggage tags. However you don't get lounge access and additional luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.