Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles VS Phoneix Miles vs Krisfly Miles which is better?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asia Miles VS Phoneix Miles vs Krisfly Miles which is better?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I'm surprised that no one has asked yet, how many miles a year are you actually flying (or earning may be more appropriate if you're flying cheap fares, since these are often discounted to 50% or even 25% earning rates).

I personally wouldn't pick any program that is Asia based, I hate to make a generalization but often the earnings on cheap fares are zero or heavily penalized, redemption charts are a bit on the high side, fuel surcharges on redemptions, plus short hard line expiration dates on the miles earned.

If you're earning a ton of miles some of these points matter less but if you're earning 15k or 20k a year then you want your miles somewhere they won't expire and somewhere with a redemption chart reasonable enough to cash in on a decent award.

Of the ones you mentioned, I think Asia Miles and Kris Flyer have the most to offer for an international flyer and Phoenix Miles would be stronger for a heavy domestic traveler. Having said that though, you may still be best served by looking at a program based on another continent, using the home team frequent flyer program is only going to benefit you if you are flying enough to hit top tier in their elite program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.