Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Delayed bags from Frankfurt (FRA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond

Mine was delayed en route to Copenhagen from DUS via FRA. When filling a baggage report, the SAS baggage service rep noted there have been an especially large number of baggage delays this year coming from FRA (she said last year wasn't nearly as bad).

When I went back to the baggage office to check up on my claim, I heard a few other people coming up and asking an airport employee what to do if the bags didn't show up? She asked where they were flying in from and guess what the answer was? Frankfurt.

Anyone else have delayed bags when connecting through FRA this year?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by triplefives
Anyone else have delayed bags when connecting through FRA this year?
What do you really want to achieve with this question?! Obviously there had to be somebody else having delayed baggage, but its a busy airport.
If you want to avoid baggage problem airports then I suggest avoiding CDG and maybe MAD, but not FRA.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
It's anecdotal but if the baggage situation is worse this year coming out of FRA (per the lady in CPH), then is it isolated to just The flights linking CPH or all flights coming out of FRA?

FRA is a horrible airport to transfer flights - not just because it's big because the corridors are not conducive to human traffic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.