Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

EVA Economy upgrade to Premium Economy UA miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2013, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileagplus

Has any one tried this upgrade award now that EVA is Star Alliance? Purchase a regular Economy class and upgrade to their Premium Economy with UA miles. Any idea how many miles it will take? The Y -> C upgrade is relatively clear though.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Not possible. The inter-carrier *A upgrade rules don't recognize premium economy cabins so you don't have that option.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. I wish this could be started now that more airlines have Economy Premium on long haul flights.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 7:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by navendu99
Thanks for the information. I wish this could be started now that more airlines have Economy Premium on long haul flights.
Were that to happen it would likely go the way that of the other alliances where upgrades go Y->W and W->C rather than Y->C. That's bad for people who like to upgrade Y->C like they can today.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by navendu99
Are you familiar with star alliance upgrades ? You do know that currently in order to upgrade on partner airlines, you have to purchase a full fare ticket right ?

So who would purchase a full fare ticket and only want to upgrade to premium economy but not business ? Doesn't make any sense.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
If you are a UA Mileage + member and are a Star Alliance Gold member, purchase a premium economy ticket on BR and then hope that Y is overbooked as there is a possibility of an OP UP.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Are you familiar with star alliance upgrades ? You do know that currently in order to upgrade on partner airlines, you have to purchase a full fare ticket right ?

So who would purchase a full fare ticket and only want to upgrade to premium economy but not business ? Doesn't make any sense.
Good point I hadn't thought of that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.