Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Question about Change Tickets and International Travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2012, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors:Gold,Marriot:Silver,United:Gold, Delta:Gold

I have a job where my travel requires me to travel within the US within a week's notice, other than that, it's remote work. However, I'd like to live in Berlin Germany. Is there away to affordably get airfaire to the US [and fly from wherever I land to the client site] and pull this off? I'm a member of the Star Allience programs, which means I'm good on UA/US + exp flights. [United Member, but I live in charlotte] I'm fully willing to do Sat/Sun flights and then connect to where-ever the client site is. [Which work will pay for fights within the us].
Old Jun 10, 2012, 4:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You're looking for last-minute cheap fares from Berlin to the USA?

I wouldn't bet on that working out with any level of consistency. Sorry.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 2:56 am

How do you define affordable? Did you check sites like opodo.de. I found Star Alliance often more expensive (likely because it s huge market share in Germany). Also fares are very similar to most places in the US. Could ou cut a deal with your emloyer that he just pays the equivalent of your domestic fare?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.