Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Best *A Carrier for UA Award Travel to China in F from NYC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best *A Carrier for UA Award Travel to China in F from NYC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2012, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by pogonation
TPAC your best options are NH and OZ. NH availability is pretty hard to come by and usually only opens up in the week before departure. If you fancy going via Europe, LX is the best F product IMO however getting availability will be pretty tough. LH is a good compromise because availability close in isn't too bad and also the product is decent.
Thanks - I just started playing with dates to see what that would look like, and I got LH for 6/11 (just as a test as I plan to travel next year).

Unfortunately it was mixed cabin - First to MUC then Business to PEK - not a bad flight though as you land in MUC in the morning and have 9hrs to explore before hopping on the flight to Beijing.

Shame that they would charge the full rate for this despite it being mixed cabins - the saver rate was 70K which I would pay, but the standard 160K is a bit rough.

Does anyone know if you book a mixed cabin like this can they upgrade you to First on the Business Leg if availability opens up, or are you stuck with it (not that it would be the most horrible thing to be stuck with).
Old Jun 5, 2012, 8:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
Does anyone know if you book a mixed cabin like this can they upgrade you to First on the Business Leg if availability opens up, or are you stuck with it (not that it would be the most horrible thing to be stuck with).
You have to monitor the situation and call UA to rebook/update your ticket when the desire class opens up. No one will do anything for you proactively.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
Thanks - I just started playing with dates to see what that would look like, and I got LH for 6/11 (just as a test as I plan to travel next year).
6/11 this year is not an indication of 6/11/13

LH F is released only a couple weeks before the flight.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by rankourabu
6/11 this year is not an indication of 6/11/13

LH F is released only a couple weeks before the flight.
Yeah I was using the week of 6/11 as a date within 2 weeks from now, not as an indication to availability in 6/11/13 (though it may be useful).

I plan to go in Q1 2013 providing the weather is bearable then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.