Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

help please - redemptions to the USA from a partner program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2012, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

hi,

I a DC gold card holder looking to redeem some miles before the end of the DC program this May.

I've been trying to find 2 seats in business between the UK and LAX or SFO, but there is only economy showing up with UA.

Do UA only open up award seats in business closer to the date or is it likely that all seats are already sold out for redemptions?

any other ideas?

thank you.
Old May 13, 2012, 3:20 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Yes, all the time. Both UA and LH constantly update inventory starting about 2 weeks out. When do you want to travel. I know it's a little longer but you may want to check LH and LX thru FRA, MUC or ZRH. Especially if your looking for F / C class. Lots of availability. (the problem may be the return to LHR if it's around the Olympics)
Old May 13, 2012, 3:23 am
Original Poster

thanks.

the problem I have is that DC leaves the *A at the end of May, and so I have only until then for redemptions. Also, redemptions on LH and LX are no longer available.

There is often seats with VS but they are 100k miles from memory.
Old May 13, 2012, 3:28 am

when are you looking to travel - I have booked with DC miles and am doing LHR-YEG-SFO on the way out and found seats from IAD on the way back so connecting through there. If it is the summer holiday time it is always a nightmare trying to get seats and via FRA was a good option but that has now gone
Old May 13, 2012, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Any time outbound week beginning October 15 and any time return the following week.

If i struggle, I will have to transfer miles over to BA and try it that way.
Old May 13, 2012, 3:43 am

On OCT 15th there is LOTS of avail LHR-IAD-SFO in F. ON Oct 16th there is avail in C
Old May 13, 2012, 3:47 am

Also there is avail thru IAD the week of Oct 22nd for your way home. ALL TATL flights are in C but the ones w the best conx are in Y from IAD-SFO. There are a few seats w C all the way thru but a longer layover in IAD

*** Do you use expert flyer.com????? They will show you the whole weeks avail as well
Old May 13, 2012, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Ok, thanks. I have used expertflyer before, so I will check.

Thank you.
Old May 13, 2012, 3:56 am

Tues 16th October
LHR - IAD UA923
IAD - LAX UA967

return Wed 24th October
LAX - SFO UA414
SFO - LHR UA954

C available on all flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.