Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Miles earnings on lesser known Partner/Subsidiary Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2012, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know if the subsidiary partners of the bigger airlines definitively earn miles the same way as the big name airlines.

For example when crediting to Aegean Miles and Bonus, would the miles from Darwin be credited the same way and the same booking classes as Swiss and would the miles from Tyrolean be credited in the same way as Austrian since neither Darwin or Tyrolian show up on the Aegean earning chart.

I hope so because even assuming this I am finding it very difficult to find short mileage runs from Switzerland.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

For carriers which operate as regional arms but which do NOT sell tickets directly (e.g. Tyrollean) the credit generally works out correctly. Where the regional carrier also sells tickets on its own (e.g. SilkAir) you generally don't get credit.

My SZG-FRA flight operated by Tyrollean credited to UA just as a long-haul flight did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.