Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

'12 Honeymoon RTW (Expert help needed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'12 Honeymoon RTW (Expert help needed)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2012, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mobilebucky
You can book Air Tahiti as part of RTW? If you can why now just book Air Tahiti direct from LAX to PPT. That will save you some miles and lower the cost.
No, it's not part of the RTW, hence in italic. There are no direct flights from LAX-PPT anymore, Air NZ are no longer flying directly.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Why don't you fly SIN-IST on SQ?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by e-aviation
Why don't you fly SIN-IST on SQ?
Because I want to experience C with different airlines and I already have SQ lined up (even paid extra for the A388). Would SIN-IST in SQ C be that better than TK C? I am a total newbie.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 4:05 pm

Not in my opinion... recently flew with TK in their new C and was very impressed...and I'm with the OP on "trying something new" anyway!!!

(I'm trying CA's new Biz in June.. hope that's not a decision I regret...)

The OP has flights on NZ's 773,772 and 763. I assume he knows the 763 has refurbished cradle/recliner seats in C? OK for flights that aren't too long. The 773 is the newest product.. I like it a lot - especially the IFE and the "new" mattress - sleep better on that than just about anywhere else... the 772 has largley the same product.. just an older version...but I believe the "new" mattresses are now provided on those flights as well...

Sounds like a great trip! ^
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:48 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by trooper
Which OP may not take should he be true to his threats towards Lufthansa: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18425069-post26.html
Old Apr 20, 2012, 1:56 am

Well spotted Sir!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Which OP may not take should he be true to his threats towards Lufthansa: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18425069-post26.html
Is the dress going on honeymoon as well because if it is they had better book a seat for it !
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Last edited by mlqsko; Apr 23, 2012 at 4:16 am
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vbroucek
Let me decipher LOL for you as I guess you're too intimidated by your statuses to figure it out.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trooper
Not in my opinion... recently flew with TK in their new C and was very impressed...and I'm with the OP on "trying something new" anyway!!!

(I'm trying CA's new Biz in June.. hope that's not a decision I regret...)

The OP has flights on NZ's 773,772 and 763. I assume he knows the 763 has refurbished cradle/recliner seats in C? OK for flights that aren't too long. The 773 is the newest product.. I like it a lot - especially the IFE and the "new" mattress - sleep better on that than just about anywhere else... the 772 has largley the same product.. just an older version...but I believe the "new" mattresses are now provided on those flights as well...

Thanks for the info, mate!
Old Apr 22, 2012, 6:50 am

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Done that already, so I really prefer arriving in F
Domestic F that is, about as exiting as driving to Las Vegas in a Chevy Impala.......
Old Apr 23, 2012, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
Domestic F that is, about as exiting as driving to Las Vegas in a Chevy Impala.......
Well, I won't sweat on it then. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.