Wiki Posts
Search

RTW award in J

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2011, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF Gold, SQ Krisflyer
RTW award in J

Having SQ Krisflyer miles, what are the options of RTW in business class award booking? How many miles? Would trips be limited to mileage? Would consider flying from SYD via Asia to NA then Europe, and back via Asia. Would prefer ro use different member airlines like SQ, ANA, LH, etc.
I am able to transfer Amex points to other *A program like TG if a better deal comes off that airline.
If this is discussed elsewhere, links appreciated.

I'm asking similar question in OW forum as I also have QF points. I read elsewhere AA deal is good one.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 5:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by foreigner
Having SQ Krisflyer miles, what are the options of RTW in business class award booking? How many miles? Would trips be limited to mileage? Would consider flying from SYD via Asia to NA then Europe, and back via Asia. Would prefer ro use different member airlines like SQ, ANA, LH, etc.
I am able to transfer Amex points to other *A program like TG if a better deal comes off that airline.
If this is discussed elsewhere, links appreciated.

I'm asking similar question in OW forum as I also have QF points. I read elsewhere AA deal is good one.
Did you take a look at the Krisworld website? Surely many of your questions are answered there?
Old Jun 18, 2011, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Did you take a look at the Krisworld website? Surely many of your questions are answered there?
This is from SQ website:

"Star Alliance Round the World Awards

With Round The World Awards, you can travel around the world with the flexibility of multiple stopovers. Circle the globe and visit up to.seven cities of your choice for just 180,000 KrisFlyer miles in Economy Class, 240,000 KrisFlyer miles in Business Class and 360,000 KrisFlyer miles in First Class."

Seems much higher than suggested elsewhere. I'll look harder over other threads.

Last edited by foreigner; Jun 18, 2011 at 6:09 am
Old Jun 18, 2011, 6:22 am
Original Poster

I found this info on TG website:

Star Alliance Round the World Travel Conditions

Round The World Award travel is valid on all Star Alliance operated flights.
Award travel must be on a continuous westbound/eastbound direction and return to the country where travel originated.
Award travel is valid for a minimum of 10 days and maximum of 1 year from the date travel commences.
Maximum 10 stopovers and minimum 3 stopovers allowed per round-trip journey.
One single open jaw is permitted in addition to allowable stopovers.
One stopover only is permitted in any one city.
Two stopovers only are permitted in any one country.
No stopovers in country of origin.
Backtracking is only permitted as required by the Star Alliance network.
Side trips require an additional Award.
Connections must be on the first available flight within 24 hours when required by routing and are not considered stopovers.
No mileage re-credit in part or whole permitted after travel commences.
All taxes associated with Award travel are the responsibility of the member, and may be collected at the Award ticket issue location, or during the Award journey.
Royal Orchid Plus Award eligibility and other conditions, excluding the conditions stated above, apply to Star Alliance Round the World Award travel.

One obvious contradiction...SQ says visit up to 7 cities. TG says 10 stopovers.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by foreigner
Star Alliance Round the World Travel Conditions

Round The World Award travel ...

One obvious contradiction...SQ says visit up to 7 cities. TG says 10 stopovers.
Unfortunately, "Star Alliance Round the World Award" is a bit of a misnomer. As with all award tickets, each Frequent Flyer Programme sets its own terms and conditions. So, this isn't really a 'contradiction', just a difference between SQ's rules and TG's. Whichever programme's points you spend, those are the rules you'll have to follow.

cheers,

Henry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.