Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Odd situation- madrid

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Odd situation- madrid

Hi all members im new to this site, i have different situation than yours and want explain to you and see if that possible or not please help me.

I have colombian student visa and i from lebanon but i live in UAE and my situation like this, want travel to Colombia but normal airlines takes more money more time in transit and above that need 2 or 3 more visas (transit ones), so im thinking of make it on 2 tickets like the following:

(1) abu dhabi---madrid
(2) madrid-----medellin

the second ticket i will reserve it in the airport itself, now my questions are:
1-do i need schengen visa for this situation ?
2- will they allow me to do this change from T1 to T4 ?

Thanks for your time

Best regards,
Old Feb 18, 2016, 12:40 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Colombians don't need Schengen visas even to leave the airport. Also, Etihad arrives at T4 so you won't even have to leave the terminal. Just go through the transfer desk and security again within T4S.

So yeah, it's a perfectly fine plan taking all the standard precautions for separate tickets.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 2:56 am

Programs: AR, LA, A3, UT, 6R, U6, PS, SU, and many more
Try if possible to print your boarding pass doing the online check in on Iberia or Avianca in advance. There are also transfer desks where you can drop your luggage if they don't allow you to send it direct from AUH to MDE.
Cheers
Old Feb 18, 2016, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

No im not from colombia, im from lebanon i will travel with lebanese passport, and are you sure dont need visa. in other forum they told me you will move from T1 to T4 so that wrong?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I'm sorry, I was confusing Emirates and Etihad. Yes, Etihad goes to T1 but there is a transit transfer (a bus will take you to T4S) and you don't need a visa to transit. That said, you would have to do this without any checked luggage.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

So no schengen visa needed ok thats fine and passport control will see colombian visa and let me pass through to T4S and from where exactly i can reserve the other ticket, please give me more details --thats whats i want to hear god bless you--
Old Feb 18, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Your situation is definitely not odd.

Plugging the above info into TIMATIC (a system that airlines use for visa requirements) we get the following:
Code:
Summary

Conditional, The traveler will need to hold travel documents as detailed below.

Type: Notice
Colombia - Destination Passport

Entry and Transit restrictions apply:

Visitors with a non-machine readable passport are not allowed to enter.

Additional information:

Nationals of Colombia holding dual nationality must enter and depart with a Colombian passport. This does not apply to nationals of Colombia who obtained their second nationality before the 4th of July 1991 and never recovered their Colombian nationality.

Colombia - Destination Visa

Visa required.

Visa issuance:

E-visas can be applied for at www.cancilleria.gov.co. Visitors must hold a printed copy of the e-visa.

Additional information:

Visitors traveling to San Andres Island, are required to hold return/onward tickets.

Visitors over 6 years of age traveling to San Andres (ADZ) are required to purchase a Tourist Card. Fee: COP 47,700.-

Visitors over 6 years of age traveling to Leticia (LET) are required to purchase a Tourist Card. Fee: COP 20,000.-

Important:

Visitors, traveling as tourist, not holding return/onward tickets could be refused entry.

Type: Ok
Colombia - Destination Health

This information is for guide purposes only. Other health organisations may recommend alternative precautions.

Vaccination against yellow fever is required if traveling to Arauca (AUC).

Recommended Health and Vaccination precautions:

Vaccination against yellow fever for all passengers of 9 months of age and older travelling to the departments at altitudes below 2300m, except for those travelling to areas west of the Andes.
Malaria prophylaxis. malaria risk (high and low) in some municipalities. Recommended prevention in all risk areas: C.

In Timatic, the recommended type of prevention is referred to as: 
- Type A (very limited risk of malaria transmission) - Mosquito bite prevention only.
- Type B (risk of P. vivax malaria only) - Mosquito bite prevention plus chloroquine chemoprophylaxis.
- Type C (risk of P. falciparum malaria with chloroquine and sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine resistance) - Mosquito bite prevention plus atovaquone-proguanil or doxycyline or mefloquine chemoprophylaxis.
- Type D (risk of P. falciparum malaria plus reported multi-drug resistance) - Mosquito bite prevention plus plus atovaquone-proguanil or doxycyline or mefloquine chemoprophylaxis, depending on local drug restistance.
Chemoprophylaxis should be started preferably one week before departure and no later than the first day of exposure; it must be taken with unfailing regularity and continued for 4 weeks after the last exposure. No prophylactic regimen is 100% protective against infection, but even if it fails to prevent the disease it may, nevertheless, render the infection milder and less life threatening.

Spain - Transit Visa

Visa required.

Transiting without a visa is possible for:

Holders of onward tickets in transit .

Type: Ok
Spain - Transit Health

This information is for guide purposes only. Other health organisations may recommend alternative precautions.

Vaccinations not required.

So it looks like you don't need a transit visa if you don't need to go landside.

Now, if this is 2 separate tickets, this will be a problem and you WILL need a transit visa, because it's very likely that Etihad will not let you board the plane in Abu Dhabi without a valid Spanish/Schengen visa. Also, if you check bags, there's a good chance they will not check these bags through to Colómbia.

you say "the second ticket i will reserve it in the airport itself" - why not pre-book it online? They will not let you through passport control without a valid visa, and the ticket office is landside.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Now i get the bigger picture so i have to check the travel route once again, can you help me with finding other itineraries fit me ?
Old Feb 20, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Looks like you need a transit visa any way you do it.
timatic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.