Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dinner in Barcelona

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN
Originally Posted by spainlover
I came across these two lists on Eater done by a free-lance reporter in Barcelona on some of the best new spots in Barcelona. One list is from 2014 and one from last summer. Looking forward to trying a couple when I'm there next month

http://www.eater.com/maps/where-to-e...ar-el-nacional

http://www.eater.com/maps/the-eater-...-eat-right-now
I ate at Mont Bar (on the second list) and it was excellent. Service was great and everything we tried was awesome---one of our favorites was the french oyster with yuzu.

We also ate at BistrEau and Disfrutar (first list). The tasting menu at Disfrutar was amazing.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:53 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by spainlover
Standouts for me from the list are, in particular, Paco Meralgo,
Updating the thread. Ate at Paco Meralgo a few nights ago, and it truly is a standout. Thanks for the recommendation. Service was outstanding, menu was very broad, and prices moderate.

I'd like add to the list of places to consider visiting, Los Caracoles. While often dismissed as a tourist restaurant, the food is good, and worth a try just on the basis of it having been open in the same location for 182 years. The interior is remarkable. Standout dish is the garlic chicken.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:29 pm

I can recommend La Rita, near the Passeig de Gracia station, Aragon 279, in the Eixample. Modest prices, elegant decor, a liter of good house red wine for 7 Euros. Hard to beat. Nice desserts.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
I will be traveling solo to BCN in January. I hate sitting at a table alone eating (yeah, I know all the tricks, tips, etc.). I do like sitting at a bar for dinner.
Some cities in Europe seems to be better for this than others. How is Barcelona in that respect?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Totally fine. My 2 favorite spots there have options to eat at tables or at the bar - Paco Meralgo and Lolita Taperia. So you could sit at the bar. Both are delicious!
Old Dec 6, 2017, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.