Wiki Posts
Search

Barcelona location question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Barcelona location question

I am taking my spouse to Barcelona for our anniversary in mid May. I am trying to decide between Alma Hotel Barcelona where I have a great room booked or the brand new Cotton House (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ph-collection/). My question is on location: I realize they are both in the central city but Alma is on (what appears to be) a quiet street and Cotton House is on the Gran Vía de les Corts Catalanes which I take to be a major thruway. Can anyone comment? Just want to make sure I take location into consideration. We will be doing mostly walking to local sites and restaurants. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:27 am

Carrer de Mallorca isn't exactly a quiet street either...
Personally, I would prefer the Cotton House's location. I prefer the busy Gran Vía with trees and sunlight over the equally busy but narrow Carrer de Mallorca. Also, the Cotton House is closer to the old city where, as a tourist, you are likely to spend a lot of time. And it's also closer to Plaça Catalanya, which is a central transport hub. But I could also defend the Alma's location: next to Passeig de Gràcia, and closer to an area with lots of restaurants (left of Passeig de Gràcia).
In any case, getting around is so easy that I doesn't really matter. So I would take the Cotton House because it's new and I'd get a better view when I leave the door. :-)

Last edited by Koby; Feb 24, 2015 at 1:33 am
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Koby, great info! Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.