Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MAD Airport Connect Time: T4 to T4S

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Question MAD Airport Connect Time: T4 to T4S

I have a possible itinerary with a 50 min connect time between two IB flights. The first (Schengen) segment is scheduled to arrive in T4 at 15:35 and is usually on time. The second (TATL) segment departs from T4S at 16:25. Any advice about the risk of a misconnect for either myself or my bags?

If I remember correctly, there's no security check between these terminals, just a very long hike. But my memory is rather foggy about this airport.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
It depends on what gates you get I suppose. There is a tram ride that takes you over to T4S so if you get toward the middle of T4, you can save a few minutes of walking. Passport control in T4S is usually pretty quick. If your TATL is to the US, you will have to walk to the end of T4S, otherwise it could be anywhere that's not the USA gates.

I would do this if it were one ticket and maybe if there was some sort of backup to reroute. It's under the legal MCT so you can ask for a rescheduled flight if you bought it on one ticket.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
There's a subterranean train.

Hint: use the lifts in preference to the escalators.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, appreciate the advice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.