Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ibiza

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2014, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Ibiza

Having never been to Ibiza have no idea what hotels are like, going probably next July to Es Cana, believe Santa Eulalia is quite close by. Would like hotel not too big or noisy, just with breakfast as will be out during the day. Advice very much appreciated^
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by BA5E
Having never been to Ibiza have no idea what hotels are like, going probably next July to Es Cana, believe Santa Eulalia is quite close by. Would like hotel not too big or noisy, just with breakfast as will be out during the day. Advice very much appreciated^
From what I've seen of Ibiza, most of the hotels look like they were built in the boom years there in the 1980s, and there are virtually no big chain hotels on the island (Marriott, Hilton, etc.).

Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to explore the areas outside the populous areas of town. The couple times I've been, I've stayed in a tiny hotel in century-old building, right in the heart of Ibiza Town at the base of the Dalt Vila. I love having all the restaurants and history at my doorstep, and a great view of the marina, but it's definitely not a quiet area to stay.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:36 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
I am planning to go here just for the party and the music! I am not sure if December is a good plan? Anyone who might have travelled here can shed some idea? Or better for me to just stay in other parts of Spain, like Madrid-Valencia and Barcelona..
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by scrappydog
I am planning to go here just for the party and the music! I am not sure if December is a good plan? Anyone who might have travelled here can shed some idea? Or better for me to just stay in other parts of Spain, like Madrid-Valencia and Barcelona..
Summer is the time to go to Ibiza for the party and music scene. Most of the big music events have their opening night in June and their closing night in September. I think you'd find December to be awfully quiet there.

If you do go in the summer, you'll probably want to stay somewhere that's along a route of the "Disco Bus". It runs all night and connects the major hotel hubs (Ibiza Town, Playa d'en Bossa, and San Antonio with the major clubs (like Privilege and Amnesia). It's a great way to party without worrying about driving and without paying the steep taxi fares. The one downside is that it's so popular that the buses sometimes fill up at peak times.

Barcelona and Madrid should have a year-round music scene, though I haven't really experienced that as I have with Ibiza. I can say both are great cities to visit on their own for sightseeing, and I've particularly enjoyed exploring Barcelona.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:53 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by twa777
Summer is the time to go to Ibiza for the party and music scene. Most of the big music events have their opening night in June and their closing night in September. I think you'd find December to be awfully quiet there.

If you do go in the summer, you'll probably want to stay somewhere that's along a route of the "Disco Bus". It runs all night and connects the major hotel hubs (Ibiza Town, Playa d'en Bossa, and San Antonio with the major clubs (like Privilege and Amnesia). It's a great way to party without worrying about driving and without paying the steep taxi fares. The one downside is that it's so popular that the buses sometimes fill up at peak times.

Barcelona and Madrid should have a year-round music scene, though I haven't really experienced that as I have with Ibiza. I can say both are great cities to visit on their own for sightseeing, and I've particularly enjoyed exploring Barcelona.
Fantastic. That's really detailed I might go back in Ibiza during peak time I guess so its more fun and focus on Barcelona and Madrid's night scene.. Its my first time in Spain so I guess I would go to the main cities first.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by scrappydog
Fantastic. That's really detailed I might go back in Ibiza during peak time I guess so its more fun and focus on Barcelona and Madrid's night scene.. Its my first time in Spain so I guess I would go to the main cities first.
Yeah, I think you'll definitely enjoy Ibiza more if you go there on a summer trip: world-class DJs playing at about a dozen different clubs, beach parties, boat parties, foam parties -- you name it! In peak season, you can easily spend a whole week there -- literally partying from midnight until past dawn every night, sleeping until the afternoon, sightseeing, beach or more parties until dark, then maybe a disco nap, dinner (dinner time is around 10pm), and back out again. I'm sure the phrase "Eat-sleep-rave-repeat" started in Ibiza.

When you do go, this is a great website for information on which DJs are playing which clubs all summer long:

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/club_dates_i.htm
Old Aug 1, 2014, 1:29 pm

BTW, Ibiza Spotlight just published a handy guide to taking the Disco Bus to get out to the parties and clubs, along with tips for some of the other bus services on the island:

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night...getting-around
Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:30 am

A villa is the best choice for quietness

Originally Posted by BA5E
For a quiet and relaxing stay I would go for a villa instead of a hotel. Ibiza have two "faces", the super-party tourist one with discos and hotels right in front of crowded beaches and the quiet one. This is less known and little more difficult to find but it really exists!

The island is very very small so do not be afraid of renting something out of the center, everything is actually very close. You can take a villa in the surrounders of Ibiza city and you'll have the chance to enjoy the silent of mountains, sea views, go to a lost beach not so crowded and at the same time visit the most tourist places in the capital within few kilometers. You'll need a car but it would be worthy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.