Old Jul 7, 2009, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
HUGE 48hr Systemwide fare sale! $30/$60/$90

EVERY CITY on sale! $30-upto 400 miles $60-401-750miles $90-751+ miles

Available from southwest homepage or here:

http://travel.southwest.com/specialo...01WOWSLE090707

Milwaukee service starts November 1.
Available only on southwest.com or swabiz.com.
Purchase by July 8, 2009, 11:59 pm Pacific Daylight Time.
Travel September 9 through November 18, 2009.
Travel valid every day except Fridays & Sundays.
Fares do not include federal excise tax of $3.60 for each flight segment. A flight segment is defined as a takeoff and a landing.
Fares do not include airport-assessed passenger facility charges (PFC) of up to $9.00 and government-imposed September 11th Security Fee of up to $5.00 one-way.
Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or to all destinations.
Fares are available for one-way travel.
Fares may be combined with other combinable fares.
Fares are not combinable with Senior Fares.
When combining fares, all rules and restrictions apply.
Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines.
Fares are not available through Group Desk.
Any change in itinerary may result in an increase in fare. Standby travel requires an upgrade to the Anytime fare.
Fares are subject to change until ticketed.
Offer applies to published, scheduled service only.

Last edited by curbcrusher; Jul 7, 2009 at 5:58 am Reason: corrected PST
Old Jul 7, 2009, 4:46 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Sweet fares
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:20 am

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, Delta Skymiles
Sweet fares, but I can't get any of the routes I want on the days I want to price out at the sale fares I wish there was a way to see a list of flights/days that offered the fare rather than go in day by day to check.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 8:07 am
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
nromalone, two things.

Are your travel dates covered by the sale (9/9 to 11/18)?

Second you can use the Southwest Shortcut to look a month at a time. Once you get the display of flights at a specific fare, it will give you the option to use the shortcut. Look underneath the "Modify Your Search" box
Old Jul 7, 2009, 8:24 am

My next travel AUS-IND price just reduced by half thanks to this sale. Hope other airlines match this fare
Old Jul 7, 2009, 8:34 am

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, Delta Skymiles
Brian -
Yes, I was booking for late October. I did think about trying the shortcut because I went right in from the sale page and it didn't give me that option. I'll go back in and try it out that way.

ETA - ok I wasn't seeing the shortcut link because I had ....... turned on and that made it not show up. I got it now!
Old Jul 7, 2009, 8:55 am

Programs: southwest rr
Great fares, unfortunately for me all 8 segments that I need to book for this timeframe are on Fri & Sun and those days aren't discounted at all. Bummer. But still a great sale!
Old Jul 7, 2009, 8:58 am

It is nice to see that WN has a sale for my normal SJC-DEN or vice versa for $60 (normal fare $69-89+) even though it should really fall into the 751+ miles $90 fare bucket since the flight is about 900+ miles....^^^ Time to take advantage of double credit
Old Jul 7, 2009, 9:02 am

Both the link in the OP and the "book now" icon for the promo on SW's homepage locks my computer up.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 9:18 am

Can't find the fares...

I have been trying to book flights between SAN and the Bay Area. I see NO flights for less than $59, though the advertisement clearly states $30 fares. I have used the shortcut and there are NO flights below the $59...What gives?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 9:24 am

Programs: WN A-List, United Gold
Thanks WN ^ ^ ^
Old Jul 7, 2009, 9:46 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Originally Posted by garygleck
I have been trying to book flights between SAN and the Bay Area. I see NO flights for less than $59, though the advertisement clearly states $30 fares. I have used the shortcut and there are NO flights below the $59...What gives?
Hey All -

The SAN-Bay fares were incorrectly filed at $60.
They are being refiled at $30, but the correct fares will not show up on the website until around 5:00PM CT.

In the mean time, CS&S will honor the $30 fare over the phone provided seats are available and all requirements of the sale are met (day of week, advance purchase, etc.)

Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.

SWAVictor
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:23 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
Very cool fare. Wish I could take advantage of it. I could change my 9/24 ALB->MCO flight, but I'd be losing more than 4 hours of precious Disney time, to save about $60. That's clearly not acceptable. :-P If only the 1st flight of the day (the one I'm booked on) was part of the sale...

I tried to finagle a way to get from ALB->ORF to visit a friend Oct 22-26, but I'd need to leave after work on Thursday and return early morning Monday, and the only $60 fares for those dates are the other way around (leave early morning Thursday, return late night Monday).

Dang.

Last edited by mritty; Jul 7, 2009 at 11:25 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 7, 2009, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
OAK to BUR, LAX, ONT = $30 one-way is impressive.
OAK to LAS, PHX, TUS = $60 one-way is excellent, particularly for TUS.
OAK to SEA = $60 is good, but not as nice as the 1/2 off sale ($40) earlier this year.

The rest at $60 or $90 are also pretty good, assuming you don't mind a stop or two.

Overall one of the better autumn fare sales, but too bad Fridays/Sundays are excluded (are these +$20 or more?)
Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA Prem, DL Plat, CO Plat, Torrid Diva,Rascal House (free cookies!), TWA Ambassador 183506503
anybody know why I am getting this?

What happened?
Published scheduled service between Cleveland - CLE and Spokane - GEG will be discontinued on 08/15/2009.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.