FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Live chat Oct. 20 with head of RR 2.0

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...rapid-rewards/

So what do we want to ask him?
Old Sep 24, 2011, 9:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Trip cost (and thus points) goes up dramatically <x> number of days prior to travel date when WGA category gets pulled from sale. One trip from CLE-LAS goes up from 8160 points to 49,400 points when the clock strikes midnight 7 days before travel date.

Can anything be done to allow last minue getaways using points, similar to using an old award on a spontaneous trip?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: AA CO US WN Marriott Hilton Holiday Inn Wyndham Hyatt Avis Budget Hertz National
Ask why WN does not reward FREQUENT, short haul, business flyers who can't buy BS fares. If all there is points per dollar spent, there is no attraction or reward for loyalty. RR1 did reward per segment with greater rewards for longer trips.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by pete4abw
Ask why WN does not reward FREQUENT, short haul, business flyers who can't buy BS fares. If all there is points per dollar spent, there is no attraction or reward for loyalty. RR1 did reward per segment with greater rewards for longer trips.
I suspect he will say that no other airline does either. We really get nothing of value from any airline. That is why I have decided not to be a frequent flyer on any airline.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HHonors DIA
Originally Posted by pete4abw
RR1 did reward per segment with greater rewards for longer trips.
RR1 awarded a credit for a one way trip. It didn't matter how long, how many connections or where it went. RR1 was bad for long trips since a DAL-AUS got the same credit as DAL-LAX. At least with RR2 longer trips generally cost more and therefore you get more points.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 1:08 pm

why ask questions?

The reality is RR 2.0 is here to stay. SWA has spent too much money and pride into changing the program at this point. In addition, the people that "created" RR 2.0 jobs are on the line. Although, I appreciate SWA wanting to answer questions on RR 2.0, what difference will it make?

When the other thread asked what we thought of RR 2.0, I'd have to say about 90 percent of the people who responded didn't like the new program. Loyalty is quickly going out the window with any FF program. I have no desire to read educational tutorials on RR 2.0 or ask questions (which isn't going to change anything). Also, I don't want to be "sold" on RR 2.0. I believe most of us FF "get it" loud and clear.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
I would ask him if he is old enough to remember the "New Coke" rollout....and what the Coke-a-cola company did in response.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: status-less.
Knowing full well that no question we ask would elicit change or retraction of all the bad ideas, mine would be "How long will it be until you start charging bag fees to complete your transition from what was Herb's Southwest into an airline completely indistinguishable from every other save for the complete lack of international routes?"
Old Sep 25, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by laxabq
The reality is RR 2.0 is here to stay. SWA has spent too much money and pride into changing the program at this point. In addition, the people that "created" RR 2.0 jobs are on the line.
Originally Posted by jtaft
Knowing full well that no question we ask would elicit change or retraction of all the bad ideas, mine would be "How long will it be until you start charging bag fees to complete your transition from what was Herb's Southwest into an airline completely indistinguishable from every other save for the complete lack of international routes?"
+1
Old Sep 25, 2011, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by lougord99
+1
^^^
Old Sep 25, 2011, 6:50 pm

When is the partnership with Starwood Preferred Guest going to be fixed - i.e. how much longer until we can transfer SPG Starpoints to WN Rapid Reward points again?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 7:51 pm

New Coke = RR 2.0

Originally Posted by dlaue
I would ask him if he is old enough to remember the "New Coke" rollout....and what the Coke-a-cola company did in response.
^

Ok, I am old enough to remember the "new Coke" fiasco, still I wanted to refresh myself with how it was handled. Here is a good quote:

"Sam Craig, professor of marketing and international business at the Stern School of Business at New York University, pointed to what he and other industry observers have long considered a fatal mistake on Coca-Cola's part. “They didn't ask the critical question of Coke users: Do you want a new Coke? By failing to ask that critical question, they had to backpedal very quickly.”

My informal poll is that 90 percent of the responses from passengers here on FT gave RR 2.0 a grade of a D.

JTaft ^^^
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
how much of the $300 Million in consultants fees, research & development has been recouped?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by expert7700
how much of the $300 Million in consultants fees, research & development has been recouped?
+1^
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:55 pm

Extraordinary marketer

I googled Jonathan Clarkson for you all could get some background info:

He didn't work for Coke but he did Pepsi.

* Sr. Mgr. Product Development at Southwest Airlines
* Research Manager at Blockbuster
* Customer Marketing Manager at PepsiCo

And here is his photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gangway...ing/3951843664

I'll bet he does his most creative work at the Icehouse.

Here is Jonathan in deep contemplation on how to keep all of us RR2.0 FF happy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gangway...7622155364898/

Last edited by laxabq; Sep 25, 2011 at 11:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.