Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Fly WN 70 Times a Year (A-List Preferred) A40 Check In??!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2011, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors

Guys,

Something is wrong in WN Land.

For all the years that A-List had been around, I never received anything higher than A19. Since the new change back in March, I have been getting random numbers. For me, it's been a bad lottery system.

Last two trips:

A25 and A40.

You had to see the people standing in front of me!! They do not look like grizzled veterans that fly every week. A couple told me they don't fly more than 3-4 times a year, and they had A-18, A-19.

Something is definitely wrong with this "upgrade" and I don't think SW has either acknowledged this or fixed the problem as of yet.

So far for me RR 2.0 has not been good, and from reading a lot of posts, many are with me.

Let me know if anyone else is having this issue.

CL
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Transfers from another flight?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:05 am
Original Poster

6:45 AM Flight

Do not think that transfers would play a role in this specific case.

CL
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:22 am

CL

Had the exact thing happen to me. started a post on it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...l-not-way.html

the people in front me were NOT frequent travelers it was pretty obvious.

plain and simple it is how much paid for their ticket dictates their number. no other reason explains it.

Kirkbees
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:34 am

Did you purchase or change the flight within 36 hours of departure?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:38 am

Transfers could have played a role. Let's say there are A- Members on an earlier flight connecting to the flight he was going to board. The A- Member would be checked in 36 hours prior to his first flight which would be earlier than the A+ Member is checked in for his flight.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:26 pm

When Did You Buy Your Ticket?

This problem has been documented here a number of times, including a response indicating that WN has now fixed it. I've had this happen too - my experience is that for tickets purchased prior to 3/1 the problem isn't fixed. However, for tickets purchased since around 3/7 or so when it was supposed to be fixed, I haven't had the problem. But it's hard for me to know because the ticket prices were different too before/after. So it may bet low low priced tickets are still generating high numbers even for ALPs.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Another data point for the thread:

BNA-ALB, tomorrow through BWI. A-19 and A-18. Typical of the numbers I usually get on this route.

Bought on 2/14.

Paid $210 OW WGA.

Same flight one month from tomorrow: $274 all in.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Agree with you Kirk (Answer for Scrooge)

Kirk,

I agree. BP has not been fixed.

However, if a person get "superiority" in line due to the price of the ticket paid, then what the hell is the purpose of being A-List Preferred?!

The entire premise of the rewards program is that we get seated after all the Business Select customers, not whomever paid full price for their ticket.

It was also reiterated that A-List Preferred would have priority over Early Bird and other A-List members.

If price determines the boarding, then Southwest needs to disclose this, plain and simple. I don't think they would be disingenuous, especially with their most loyal and profitable customers.

Scrooge, I purchased the tickets back on the 6th of March and have made zero changes since then.

Transfers can not play a role in this because its a 6:45 AM flight. My opinion.

Thank you Ink for the insight. I wish I can be as fortunate as you.

CL
Old Mar 20, 2011, 1:35 pm

The people ahead of you who didn't seem like such frequent flyers could have lucked into those numbers when A-listers cancelled. But I agree that things seem not to be fixed.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Reply to Rove

Rove,

Possible. I think we will know soon enough.

CL
Old Mar 21, 2011, 2:06 pm

Not fixed yet Just checked in for my weekly SJC<>SAN flight and received a 24. FYI these tickets were purchased months ago for the cheapest fare available.

Kirkbees
Old Mar 22, 2011, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by kirkbees
Not fixed yet Just checked in for my weekly SJC<>SAN flight and received a 24. FYI these tickets were purchased months ago for the cheapest fare available.

Kirkbees
Why do you think A24 is related to a problem?
I know there are A Listers at A20+ on my SJC-SNA flights
Old Mar 22, 2011, 6:56 am

Mvoight

Prior to RR2.0 i pulled a 16 or 17. Problem? Well no i could be BP 100. What is wrong is that everyone in front on me flys less than i do. Super frequent flyers should have at least some priority. They did under RR1.0.

Kirkbees
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by clahiji
Guys,

Something is wrong in WN Land.

For all the years that A-List had been around, I never received anything higher than A19. Since the new change back in March, I have been getting random numbers. For me, it's been a bad lottery system.

Last two trips:

A25 and A40.

You had to see the people standing in front of me!! They do not look like grizzled veterans that fly every week. A couple told me they don't fly more than 3-4 times a year, and they had A-18, A-19.

Something is definitely wrong with this "upgrade" and I don't think SW has either acknowledged this or fixed the problem as of yet.

So far for me RR 2.0 has not been good, and from reading a lot of posts, many are with me.

Let me know if anyone else is having this issue.

CL
What does a grizzled flyer look like?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.